Ex Player Jamie Hanson

Hanson was a strange one when he signed KR said he wasn't one of his signings he never really got given a chance and when he did get a game he got injured I hope he goes and finds himself a club
(And takes up golf)

Well goodbye to our 6’5” powerhouse.

What a huge amount of money we’ve apparently put away in wages. Not Jamie’s fault of cause - the offer was made, he’d have been mad not to take it, and he clearly tried his all to get fit and play well for the club.

Just not a good fit for our style of play but best of luck to him.

Hanson mustered more appearances than I thought, especially in seasons one and three.

2018-19: 41
2019-20: 11
2020-21: 30
2021-22: 5

If we’d signed him on a free and he was on modest Forde-style wages, we’d probably be more forgiving.

As it is, I’d argue he has been the worst signing we’ve made as part of ‘the model’. Overpaid in fee, overpaid in wages and no resale value at all. Thankfully we rarely misfire in the recruitment stakes but it’s hard to argue that this one just didn’t work.

Hope it works out for him elsewhere. A career in League 2 beckons.

I’d be surprised if anyone took him on as a full time professional. He will most likely go and play part time somewhere.

Hanson mustered more appearances than I thought, especially in seasons one and three.

If we’d signed him on a free and he was on modest Forde-style wages, we’d probably be more forgiving.

As it is, I’d argue he has been the worst signing we’ve made as part of ‘the model’. Overpaid in fee, overpaid in wages and no resale value at all. Thankfully we rarely misfire in the recruitment stakes but it’s hard to argue that this one just didn’t work.

Add to that a FOUR year deal. Somebody somewhere obviously rated him very highly to throw that his way. Reminds me a bit of the Eddie Hutchinson situation. Possibly all done in desperation but a strange one nonetheless. We’ll probably never hear the full story of who/how/why sanctioned the deal.

Add to that a FOUR year deal. Somebody somewhere obviously rated him very highly to throw that his way. Reminds me a bit of the Eddie Hutchinson situation. Possibly all done in desperation but a strange one nonetheless. We’ll probably never hear the full story of who/how/why sanctioned the deal.
I think even if he'd stayed fit he would still not have been good enough on the ball to fit our style, though he could have done well at another L1 or L2 club.

Sadly has to go down as one of the worst signings we've ever made, when you consider the financial outlay and what he brought to the team. He was very unlucky with injuries but all in all, a very poor signing by KR.

He *was* unlucky with injuries, but even when he was fit and playing I have to admit that I never quite saw what he offered. Didn't seem to have a position where he was comfortable.

Our recruiting department obviously saw something in him at Derby, I suppose if he had stayed fit we may have seen a different player. Will be interested to see where he ends up.

I couldn’t believe those stats.

It turns out a good proportion are in cups, and I would wager quite a few of the league appearances were from the bench as well, but it’s still 50 more than I would’ve guessed!

Completely agree, he’ll do well to get a trial at a small Division 4 club, and more fool him if that club is Swindling.

One of our highest earners off the books, and Winnalls wage certainly wasn't bad either. Perfect place to start for rebuilding this summer, must free up enough for 1 or 2 really good players straight away.

Valid point made above about the “model” we can sight success in how many millions made on Dickie and Atkinson etc but really we should take off expensive failures like this from any figures being discussed. I think this basically wipes out all of the Atkinson money.

How many of them did he start?

Well goodbye to our 6’5” powerhouse.

What a huge amount of money we’ve apparently put away in wages. Not Jamie’s fault of cause - the offer was made, he’d have been mad not to take it, and he clearly tried his all to get fit and play well for the club.

Just not a good fit for our style of play but best of luck to him.
This just added to the weirdness of the whole thing. Like there had been an admin error and we'd signed the wrong player by mistake (possibly we thought we were getting 6ft 4 striker James Hanson)?

Reminded me of when Mike Bassett accidentally called up Benson and Hedges.

How many of them did he start?

Season-by-season appearances + subs from RageOnline for all comps.

2018-19: 32+9 (League: 22+8, FAC: 3+1, FLC: 2+0, FLT: 5+0)
2019-20: 5+6 (League: 2+4, FAC: 0+1, FLC: 2+0, FLT: 1+1)
2020-21: 14+16 (League: 10+15, FAC: 0, FLC: 0, FLT: 4+1)
2021-22: 3+1 (League: 2+0, FAC: 0+1, FLC: 0, FLT: 1+0)

= 54 starts, 32 subs = 86 appearances

Back
Top Bottom