Current Player #1 Jamie Cumming

The Barnsley keeper dealt with everything pretty well.
Just a word for Cumming, following yesterday’s defeat.

I thought he should have done better for all 3 goals and it was by far his worst game for us.

I’ve rated his performances to date, but yesterday he was very poor indeed.
Compared to Rookie Rovers keepers he was absolute shite! He‘ll struggle to keep our reserve keeper out!

Apparently a lot of people on here thought he was an upgrade on Beadle.
I think this is how this forum is unfortunately (and probably football in general). One great performance and he is the best thing since sliced bread. One poor performance and that's it, a terrible signing. Same with our team performances. Some people need a bit more balance!

Thought the second goal yesterday wasn't great and he could have done better but it was a decent strike.
The third goal, he probably should have got the ball wider from his initial save, but 'rebound control' (to steal a Hockey term) is tough, and was probably the weakest part of Beadle's game as well.

But the first goal was really crap keeping, and more concerning because it was bad technique and bad decision making.
When your defense ****s up and leaves you an an island like that with a striker bearing down on you, albeit from a tight angle, you absolutely have to do two things - move towards him to narrow the angle further, and try and make yourself as big as possible. Got to make that finish as tough as you can.
Cumming did neither but just stood next to his post and seemed to be trying to do some sort of Riverdance to keep the ball out of his net.

It looked like a keeper who's head was fuzzy, forgetting the basics. And that's almost more worrying than a simple screw up (Ryan Clarke at Wembley-style) that can happen to any keeper any time. Especially in the context of a whole team performance that seemed tactically directionless.

To be fair to Cumming Stephan Negru completely lost Chris Martin and the striker then drilled it hard and low through Cumming’s legs.

It was diabolical defending.

I think this is how this forum is unfortunately (and probably football in general). One great performance and he is the best thing since sliced bread. One poor performance and that's it, a terrible signing. Same with our team performances. Some people need a bit more balance!
Absolutely correct, another example being Burey.
Against Barnsley in some people's eyes he wasn't going to make an impact.
After 45 minutes yesterday he's exactly what we need.
Fast, direct and able to get us up the pitch with his pace.
As with every new recruit, be that a player, coach or head coach they need time to bed in and find that consistency.
As fans I think that we should afford time and support.

We can safely say Rovers away was a blip. He’s been ranging from good to excellent in every other game. He takes full credit for the point today in my eyes as we should’ve been out of it by half time. Their open goal miss and subsequent clean sheet was his reward. 👏🏼 . No question in my mind we ought to be keeping him permanently if the opportunity presents

We really do need a long term number one.

Hopefully Cumming can continue todays form & we can tie him down to a long deal in the summer.

Outstanding today, won us a draw, commanded his box very well, Beadle was great for us but Cummings has that extra experience we perhaps needed. Lets hope we can get a way to signing him in rhe summer.
Dont want to be disrespectful to Eastwood but feel we may well have lost with him between the sticks today.

Thought he did well. Was surprised our tactics didn’t help him more from the first few corners. The Wycombe player was blocking him on the line from coming out, by putting our player between them he could have had a clearer run off the line. Seemed a bit basic to me from a tactical viewpoint.

Thought he did well. Was surprised our tactics didn’t help him more from the first few corners. The Wycombe player was blocking him on the line from coming out, by putting our player between them he could have had a clearer run off the line. Seemed a bit basic to me from a tactical viewpoint.
I thought that we did very well from their corners (they had 2 very tall players in.the there)
To me Cumming came and punched ( well) and the CBs did very well.
I thought that tactically we got that pretty spot on

I thought that we did very well from their corners (they had 2 very tall players in.the there)
To me Cumming came and punched ( well) and the CBs did very well.
I thought that tactically we got that pretty spot on
I agree he did do well overall with his punching, it was just a couple of times early on where their player obstructed him from coming out that maybe he could have been helped a bit more. It’s something I’ve seen in our other games as well.

Back
Top Bottom