James Vaughan

If true, very impressive signing. Mostly played at Championship level over his career.

Nobody announced yet then. I don’t know why we have always have to leave it to the last moment

Nobody announced yet then. I don’t know why we have always have to leave it to the last moment

A sizeable chain still needs resolving. Sheffield United bring Hogan in, so allow Clarke to go to Wigan and finally Vaughan to move to us.

This is why transfers often go down to the wire - nobody wants to be left having sold a player they’re unable to replace.

EDIT: just saw the above about Clarke. Hopefully speeds things up now.

Still haven’t signed a striker yet though have we? I just hope all this optimism leads to a positive outcome.

You'd imagine Wigan would only let one out of Vaughan or Grigg leave, so hopefully Sunderland choose another striker out of the dozen they've been linked to

Could do worse than a big lad from non-league (...now where'e Jefferson Louis' number?)

You'd imagine Wigan would only let one out of Vaughan or Grigg leave, so hopefully Sunderland choose another striker out of the dozen they've been linked to
They've asked about Ched Evans..
Lol

Sounds like Sunderland have moved on. Now looking at John Marquis Tom Eaves and Paddy Madden apparently

Sunderland just had a bit accepted, best not be Grigg.

Longer this drags on the less likely I think it is to happen.

There is the will Grigg to Sunderland aspect which could be a hiccup. Another potential problem could be Ched Evans to Sunderland. Hearing Fleetwood would go for Vaughan as his replacement if he went. Would certainly make more sense for him logistically.

Never feel confident about a deal when names are out in the public early on.

According to the Oxford Mail the manager, player and agent are all good with the deal. We’re just waiting for an okay from the board. I hope that’s not our board or else the okay is likely to come in a week next Tuesday!

If a deal can be done early today then we might see what’s about but only one deal is expected.
Very linear. Surely we’re able to work on more than one deal at a time?

Still maintain if we were really serious about staying up at all costs then our defence looks as shaky as big old shaky thing!

According to the Oxford Mail the manager, player and agent are all good with the deal. We’re just waiting for an okay from the board. I hope that’s not our board or else the okay is likely to come in a week next Tuesday!

If a deal can be done early today then we might see what’s about but only one deal is expected.
Very linear. Surely we’re able to work on more than one deal at a time?

Still maintain if we were really serious about staying up at all costs then our defence looks as shaky as big old shaky thing!
It isnt linear. The article states that there is a second choice where the player wants to come.

Back
Top Bottom