Ex Player James Beadle

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Last edited:
He talks well in his interview. Clearly sounds like he's here to be first choice, as he doesn't say he wants to try and get into the team he says he wants to play well.
Like the fact he has local connections too.

Welcome James. Crikey, he's a chip off the old Manning block with his temperament. Super calm, no wonder they get on. Great move for him at just 18, good luck to him. Couldn't be happier to have a new keeper. This was as much a priority as a striker for me - and we don't have one!

Welcome James!

Good luck, hope you have a successful season with us 🙏

I do not know enough about this signing to know either way. The recruitment department will know more than we do.

Only thing I would say is 18 is VERY young for a goalkeeper, and he has no starts at League One level, so if he's come in to be number one that worries me slightly. If he's come in to be be back up to a new number 1 and will play in all the Pizza and League Cup games maybe good business for us and Brighton.

If the lad is getting FL experience already he must be incredibly highly rated - Pickford Pope and Johnstone for England all have EFL experience so who's to say he won't make it right to the very top one day?

Also, him being born in 2004 makes me feel ancient and I'm in my 20s!

Some highlights. Pardon the awful music, and I’m aware anyone can look good from a highlight reel but looks promising

He’ll be 19 by the start of the season, if that makes a difference 🤣

Some highlights. Pardon the awful music, and I’m aware anyone can look good from a highlight reel but looks promising
Some of those reaction saves are ridiculous. You can see he’s got a lot of natural talent and there’s no doubt from all the reviews that he’s going to play at a higher level one day.

Obviously he’s here to learn his trade but hopefully he doesn’t make too many mistakes. He does at least have some league experience under his belt.

I do not know enough about this signing to know either way. The recruitment department will know more than we do.

Only thing I would say is 18 is VERY young for a goalkeeper, and he has no starts at League One level, so if he's come in to be number one that worries me slightly. If he's come in to be be back up to a new number 1 and will play in all the Pizza and League Cup games maybe good business for us and Brighton.

If the lad is getting FL experience already he must be incredibly highly rated - Pickford Pope and Johnstone for England all have EFL experience so who's to say he won't make it right to the very top one day?

Also, him being born in 2004 makes me feel ancient and I'm in my 20s!
It appears that he is very highly regarded and will be number 1. 18 is young, but these young keepers seem to be getting more exposure in L1 now.
The good news is that Eastwood looks to he back up, which means that there is very solid cover.

It appears that he is very highly regarded and will be number 1. 18 is young, but these young keepers seem to be getting more exposure in L1 now.
The good news is that Eastwood looks to he back up, which means that there is very solid cover.
Manning is probably the best man to help these players develop with his background in developing players. Will help us bring players in. Manning still has a lot to prove, but I find the change in approach from KR so refreshing. After boycotting under KR I can't wait to get back at it at Cambridge away!

Welcome James. Enjoy your time with the Mighty Yellows.

Fear not. Now that we’ve got our backup keeper sorted, I’m sure the understudies to O’Donkor will be along soon.
Understudy to O’Donkor? More like O’Donkor becomes understudy to a proven senior pro. I rate him, don’t get me wrong, but I think he’s a little way off the finished player and would benefit from having the pressure taken off of him.

Back
Top Bottom