🏏 1st Test, Hyderabad, January 25 - 28, 2024 - Eng won by 28 runs
🏏 2nd Test, Visakhapatnam, February 02 - 05, 2024 - Ind won by 106 runs
🏏 3rd Test, Rajkot, February 15 - 19, 2024 - Ind won by 434 runs
🏏 4th Test, Ranchi, February 23 - 27, 2024 - Ind won by 5 wickets
🏏5th Test, Dharamsala, March 07 - 11, 2024 - Ind won by innings and 64 runs

India: 4
England: 1​

Last edited:
Yep we need a couple of players scoring big.
He has 79 now, so if he can get 150 hopefully England will be in the game.

That was the problem we had in the last test, no big scores.

Lets hope this is the innings to change that.

Pope was slightly unfortunate and a really good/ desperate review.
196 for 2. No more wickets today England and that will have been a great day.

Root is due a score. Not really performed in the first two tests.

England 197/2

Duckett 130 keep going lad. Im off the weekend, and would love to watch him get a triple hundred.

I think the last England opener to do that was Graham Gooch 333

Root is due a score. Not really performed in the first two tests.

England 197/2

Duckett 130 keep going lad. Im off the weekend, and would love to watch him get a triple hundred.

I think the last England opener to do that was Graham Gooch 333
Yeah I watched that 333. Cook got damn close as well, hitting 294, also against India I think.

Close of play England 207/2

Fantastic effort so far, and Duckett was amazing.

Hopefully we can make further in roads tomorrow, and make this a very tense close test match.

A great day with the bat, just a shame about their lower order runs. Game most definitely on in Day 3, dare we dream of a lead?

A great day with the bat, just a shame about their lower order runs. Game most definitely on in Day 3, dare we dream of a lead?
Ashwin was suggesting that tue pitch should turn a lot more on days 4 and 5, so we could do with a lead.

Easy to almost take it for granted, but so far that an incredible scoring rate for England.

207 from 35 overs. 5.9 runs per over in test cricket!

Back in the John Player League days on a Sunday afternoon, anything over 180 from 40 overs was thought to be decent.

Easy to almost take it for granted, but so far that an incredible scoring rate for England.

Back in the John Player League days on a Sunday afternoon, anything over 180 from 40 overs was thought to be decent.
It's not that long ago that 230 was a winning score in 50 over cricket as well. Times have changed.

Watching Middlesex at Lords in the JPL being taken by my old man brings back happy memories....Graham Barlow, Wilf Slack ,Clive Radley, Mike Gatting, Roland Butcher ,Paul Downton, Simon Hughes ,Phil Edmonds,John Emburey , Norman Cowans ,Wayne Daniels ....around 40 years ago now somehow!

Watching Middlesex at Lords in the JPL being taken by my old man brings back happy memories....Graham Barlow, Wilf Slack ,Clive Radley, Mike Gatting, Roland Butcher ,Paul Downton, Simon Hughes ,Phil Edmonds,John Emburey , Norman Cowans ,Wayne Daniels ....around 40 years ago now somehow!

Living in West Oxfordshire we would always go and watch Gloucestershire when they played their annual JPL match at Moreton-in-Marsh. Mike Proctor was a wonderful South African all rounder who used to bowl off the wrong foot, very exciting player to watch as a youngster back then. I also have a vivid memory of watching Clive Lloyd fielding in the covers for Lancashire when they played at Moreton, I’d never seen anyone with that movement and grace in the field before.

When I was a bit older with my own transport I’d go to the festival at Cheltenham and sometimes New Road in Worcester, lovely setting in the shadow of the Cathedral.

Day 3 at Rajkot, England need to eat into that Indian total, and hopefully Duckett can get a daddy hundred and more.

Root has fallen to Jasprit Bumrah, a really poor shot and bad way to get out. Chipped it straight to the slips, while trying to guide it over them. Now Bairstow joins Duckett in the middle

England 224/3 after 40 overs.

Last edited:
Now Bairstow has gone for a duck only facing 4 balls. Kuldeep Vadav with the wicket. Trapped LBW.

He’s got to be dropped he’s in desperately bad form.

225/4

Stokes and Duckett in the middle.

Day 3 at Rajkot, England need to eat into that Indian total, and hopefully Duckett can get a daddy hundred and more.

Root has fallen to Jasprit Bumrah, a really poor shot and bad way to get out. Chipped it straight to the slips, while trying to guide it over them. Now Bairstow joins Duckett in the middle

England 224/3 after 40 overs.
That shot by Root made no sense. England were cruising and he didn’t seem to be in any trouble at all. Doing that brought India right back into the game.

That shot by Root made no sense. England were cruising and he didn’t seem to be in any trouble at all. Doing that brought India right back into the game.

Agreed he threw his wicket away, and will be kicking himself.

Drinks break now. England 247/4

Duckett 153
Stokes 7

Another soft dismissal Ben Duckett goes for 153.

England in a spot of bother, but that’s another poor way to get out. He did all the hard work, and got himself back in, after seeing off the first hour and Bumrah, and goes cheaply to Kuldeep Yadav. Shame, because there was a BIG score on that flat pitch.

Back
Top Bottom