Sport England v Pakistan spring Cricket series

Does anyone else think that the balance has swung too far towards the batsmen in ODIs? I sort of understand it in the T20s, where it's a wham bam thank you ma'm type of game that is all show and little subtlety, but surely there should be a bit more to a one dayer than being an extended T20?

I agree, I like to see more balance than there is at the moment. Down to the Kookaburra balls? I don't get that much enjoyment out of 2 teams smashing the ball all over the place with minimal threat from the bowlers.

It was almost boring today, such is England's batting prowess. With 2 white balls that are Kookaburra's means that on a good day there is more movement in a granite work top, and the spinners have a pathetic seam to work with.

I guess runs = ratings, and that is all the ICC care about. I much prefer right games where batsmen have to work hard

Well that was a stroll in the park [emoji50]

Wood AND Archer bowling first up for England today.
They suggest that it is an easy paced pitch but it will be very interesting to compare the two

Shocking start by England. Pakistan over 100 after 17 overs and no one out (one retired hurt).

I honestly don't think our bowling is anything like as good as our batting, even allowing for one-day conditions, the ball etc.

Shocking start by England. Pakistan over 100 after 17 overs and no one out (one retired hurt).

I honestly don't think our bowling is anything like as good as our batting, even allowing for one-day conditions, the ball etc.
To be fair it looks like the pitch is doing nothing.
I suspect that England would have scored a lot more than 100 in the same number of balls.
Pakistand lookalike getting 350 or so which England are capable of getting.

To be fair it looks like the pitch is doing nothing.
I suspect that England would have scored a lot more than 100 in the same number of balls.
Pakistand lookalike getting 350 or so which England are capable of getting.
fingers crossed...weather later may be a factor? though its forecast to be similar conditions isnt it?

Some really good finishing there by Stokes. Good to see him getting into nick and also good to see England cope under a bit of pressure.
good day at the office ...though if Pakistan were a bit better at fielding it may have ended differently

Struggling to see what Denly brings. Don't think he's up to it and we look weaker when he plays, I think Dawson might have been a better pick.
I'd go with Tom Curran. Improving all the time and has the knack of bowling those 'wicket taking' balls. Can see one of Willey or Plunkett missing out.
What was really pleasing was the way we managed to chase that score down without any contributions from Bairstow, Morgan and Buttler.

England ??????? v India ?? Final would be great. Then watch us chase down 450 to win.

Struggling to see what Denly brings. Don't think he's up to it and we look weaker when he plays, I think Dawson might have been a better pick.
I'd go with Tom Curran. Improving all the time and has the knack of bowling those 'wicket taking' balls. Can see one of Willey or Plunkett missing out.
What was really pleasing was the way we managed to chase that score down without any contributions from Bairstow, Morgan and Buttler.

Willey is the one who misses out for me.

From Denly's inclusion in this series and Root not bowling, it would suggest they aren't looking to use Root as a bowler.
Yeah you are probably right, but if the backup spinner is the reason he is in, I'd suggest there are better options.

Quite right. Root is more than capable or turning a cricket ball if Ali or Rashid get expensive with there overs.

Back
Top Bottom