Test series v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seem to have been really good crowds at the Tests
I are are a good draw but What a shame other Countries don't also have such support for Test cricket

There seem to have been really good crowds at the Tests
I are are a good draw but What a shame other Countries don't also have such support for Test cricket

Ooooh arrrr

Oh, Jennings. How on earth are you a test player?

Edit - apparently an average of 18 in this series. There MUST be someone better than that out there, surely?

Sky are suggesting that Jennings will be going to Sri Lanka.
I think the selectors have stitched themselves up a little on this.

Jennings is many levels of crap. The wicket today is a prime example of why he is not ready for test match cricket. I know Ed Smith made a comment today about 1 test experienced opener will go to Sri Lanka, but Graham Gooch could not be any worse

I wouldn't take him. But they may feel they should as he has a little experience.
I would take Rory Burns and Phil Salt of Sussex who has a decent average and is getting good reviews. Beefy likes him so he can't be bad!

I wouldn't take him. But they may feel they should as he has a little experience.
I would take Rory Burns and Phil Salt of Sussex who has a decent average and is getting good reviews. Beefy likes him so he can't be bad!
Beefy likes James Vince, so I'm not sure his taste is all that good :D. I jest

I reckon Root will be trying to change Cooks mind on retiring.
Cook or Jennings .....er let me see.

Cook looked as if he had a weight lifted off his mind this match. He has been inconsistent (to say the least) recently - I wonder how much of it was knowing that the batsmen at the other end and to follow him in were actually in rotten form and there was a lot of expectation on him every time he got to the crease.

Cook knew this was his final test, so could delve one final time into the well knowing that was it. I can't see him going back on his word, regardless of Root's opinion. It sounded like a decision that was 18 months in the making and he's a happy man not playing test match cricket any longer.

Cook knew this was his final test, so could delve one final time into the well knowing that was it. I can't see him going back on his word, regardless of Root's opinion. It sounded like a decision that was 18 months in the making and he's a happy man not playing test match cricket any longer.

I hope he won't change his mind so he goes out on a high as his international career/record deserves, which is quite extraordinary for an opener.

Anderson's milestone will be reached today & he'll become the all time highest test wicket taking fast bowler methinks

They can’t do this, surely? Can they? We need some wickets fairly sharpishly.

You're rignt, if we don't get a wicket or two quite soon after tea then it's going to be close. The Indians have nothing to lose, they might as well go for it.

The win is out of the question now, but a draw very much on. 3 wickets needed in 17 overs.

c. Cook b. Anderson for the last wicket, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom