🏏 1st Test, Hyderabad, January 25 - 28, 2024 - Eng won by 28 runs
🏏 2nd Test, Visakhapatnam, February 02 - 05, 2024 - Ind won by 106 runs
🏏 3rd Test, Rajkot, February 15 - 19, 2024 - Ind won by 434 runs
🏏 4th Test, Ranchi, February 23 - 27, 2024 - Ind won by 5 wickets
🏏5th Test, Dharamsala, March 07 - 11, 2024 - Ind won by innings and 64 runs

India: 4
England: 1​

Last edited:
Bloody hell, this England team... Another grandstand day tomorrow. f*****g love test cricket.

332 to win.

67/1 Crawley and Ahmed at the crease.

If we chase this total down, that would be absolutely incredible.

Personally I think we'll come up 100 or 150 runs short just after tea tomorrow, if the ball starts reversing then it's goodnight Irene.
The very fact that people give us a chance of scoring 400 in the fourth innings, on this deck, away from home and against this attack shows just how ambitious/deluded (delete as appropriate) we have become. In the 90s we'd have tried (and failed) to bat out two days for a draw.

Huge task and India clearly favourites, but this England will genuinely believe they can chase down those runs.

Personally I think we'll come up 100 or 150 runs short just after tea tomorrow, if the ball starts reversing then it's goodnight Irene.
The very fact that people give us a chance of scoring 400 in the fourth innings, on this deck, away from home and against this attack shows just how ambitious/deluded (delete as appropriate) we have become. In the 90s we'd have tried (and failed) to bat out two days for a draw.

I completely get that and see your point. I think people’s optimism and expectations have been raised, purely because this team is capable.

In the past we would as you quite rightly say we would have tried batting out 2 days. Which is near impossible on this deck, so it either chase them down, or being bowled out short.

India have to be overwhelming favourites, but pressure can do funny things. If Ahmed can stick around, and Crawley can survive an early 5 over burst from Bumrah, then we edge closer, the Indians might have some doubt.

I personally believe we will lose, and come up short, but it’s fascinating!

Grrr Have to go to work.

England started well 91/1

Crawley 39
Ahmed 19

England 149/3

Crawley and Root in now, England need 250 to win. 7 wickets remaining. It’s going to be close, unless England Collapse.

280/8, still 119 runs away. Looks like a gallant failure from here. Hartley has been one hell of a find with the bat, another good knock.

Roles reversed, I don’t think I would have seen India getting much closer than England have. There’s been some fight there and it’s difficult to be too downbeat or hard on this England side.

Bumrah’s excellent bowling aside, the difference has been having one batter deliver a century in each innings. England had Ollie Pope do that in the first Test but we lacked that in either innings this time around.

Last edited:
Just gone on break and see we fell short, but looks like a good effort.

It keeps the series poised at 1-1. Rajkot or Ranchi is the next venue I think. Virat Kohli will be back I believe. So that will be interesting.

Quite a few of our batsmen haven't really done much yet so you would hop we have a couple of big scores to come from them which should make us competitive over the next 3 tests, as said above the fact we didn't get anyone to do that and they did was the difference in this one.

Hopefully Foakes has laid to rest any talk of him being dropped if Brook comes back in. Among some iffy batting (Pope and Root), Bairstow has to surely be the one to make way...

Hopefully Foakes has laid to rest any talk of him being dropped if Brook comes back in. Among some iffy batting (Pope and Root), Bairstow has to surely be the one to make way...
Yep, Root and Bairstow have been very disappointing, but you'd have to think the former will come good as he has previously averaged 50 in India.

Yep I’d remove Bairstow for Brook. He’s been quite poor with the bat for a while now. Root is always capable of a big score, and as you quite rightly state his average is very good over there.

Yep I’d remove Bairstow for Brook. He’s been quite poor with the bat for a while now. Root is always capable of a big score, and as you quite rightly state his average is very good over there.
He's never regained the fabulous form of 2022 after breaking his leg playing golf (how did that happen?).

Back
Top Bottom