🏏 3rd Test, Rajkot, February 15 - 19, 2024 - Ind won by 434 runs
🏏 4th Test, Ranchi, February 23 - 27, 2024 - Ind won by 5 wickets
🏏5th Test, Dharamsala, March 07 - 11, 2024 - Ind won by innings and 64 runs

India: 4
England: 1​

Last edited:

Foley

Well India will be huge favourites.
England have played no warm.up matches, Brooks is put of the series.
Hyderabad is due to be 'a very dry pitch'.
England look likely to go in with Anderson, Wood, Leach and either Rehan or Tom Hartley.
I would love to be proved wrong but think it unlikely that we don't go 1 down.
Anybody more optimistic?

Not optimistic at all. Our batting has been weakened with Harry Brook returning home, the bowling attack doesn't look like it will take wickets out there.

Toughest place to tour in Cricket, getting anything out of the tour will be a massive effort. Did I read Kohli is missing a few tests?

Well India will be huge favourites.
England have played no warm.up matches, Brooks is put of the series.
Hyderabad is due to be 'a very dry pitch'.
England look likely to go in with Anderson, Wood, Leach and either Rehan or Tom Hartley.
I would love to be proved wrong but think it unlikely that we don't go 1 down.
Anybody more optimistic?
I usually am ... for this series though Im not, I, sadly, wouldn't be surprised if England score 0 wins- hope Im wrong

England seem to be going in with 3 spinners plus Wood and Root.
2 spinners with one Test between them!

Oh.... England 169 for 7.
6 wickets to the spinners
Awful start to the series

Oh.... England 169 for 7.
6 wickets to the spinners
Awful start to the series
Reading the BBC feed, the ball on day 1 is removing puffs of dust from the pitch and turning around corners. We can't assess where we are until India have had a bat on it.

Stokes doing what Stokes does, Eng currently 215/8. 250 on this pitch could be massive.

Reading the BBC feed, the ball on day 1 is removing puffs of dust from the pitch and turning around corners. We can't assess where we are until India have had a bat on it.

Stokes doing what Stokes does, Eng currently 215/8. 250 on this pitch could be massive.
Yes it describes it as a 'dicy pitch'
Opening partnership of 55 and Bairstow/ Root put on 60.
The big worry is that they have 4 far more experienced spinners than us.
You never know and hopefully Stokes can get us a few more.

Let's see what score we finish up with and how Indiia cope. Quite a few of our batsmen have got decent starts and then got out, so it looks like a pitch where you are never secure.

First day of a series, bowlers at the crease. Shall we declare if Stokes is out next? It's the Bazball way... :ROFLMAO:

Is anyone expecting anything much from this series? Seen a few comments from the media that its not like going to India in the past as England players are used to it from playing in the IPL so didn't need to go there and prepare but I can't see that 20/20 is much use for a full test series, judging by our batting today and the fact we have gone at it like a one day match I don't think I am far wrong. Anything other than a white wash will be a pleasant surprise.

Back
Top Bottom