Glasgow Rangers friendly

Not the biggest most inspiring two clubs for the home games, but could be an interesting test I suppose.
Normalish list of local away trips, inlcuding Solihull snuck in there.

I might go to the Woking game depending on the team we put out. As you say an uninspiring selection but conversely competition wise for the team they might be a good selection.

Better to have matches which test our ability rather than a showpiece against a “name” team who bring their second string and a sprinkling of untested youth. What did we learn from the Leeds pre-season last year?

Better to have matches which test our ability rather than a showpiece against a “name” team who bring their second string and a sprinkling of untested youth. What did we learn from the Leeds pre-season last year?
To be fair I usually go to pre-season games to see our new signings rather then the teams we’re playing.

The youth team friendlies have been announced, and our U18s are playing Motherwell U18s on the 9th July.

According to our site, the youth team games "will fit around the first team’s friendly fixture list"

The rumours are strong (or the wihsful thinking) so I suppose it could happen. But given the only date currently available is the 7th of July I am surprised that a match against such a side is so early. Usually games against lower sides to gather fitness happens before a more severe test.

The rumours are strong (or the wihsful thinking) so I suppose it could happen. But given the only date currently available is the 7th of July I am surprised that a match against such a side is so early. Usually games against lower sides to gather fitness happens before a more severe test.
They’re prob about league one level!

One of the biggest clubs in world football, go up there with that attitude and see how you get on.
It's not a soft little place like Oxford, remember that!

You mean they're not into free speech and opinions?

They certainly are a big "club" in world football but their "team" has struggled in European football against relative minnows...in the table i did in another thread i would have them in the 2nd tier premiership

I've cancelled my booking :)

Back
Top Bottom