Away Match Day Thread 22/7/2023 PS Friendly: Bristol City v OUFC

Just like last season, as well as the square pegs in round holes, and 30 year olds looking for a last pay cheque.
All sounding very familiar.
Difference is it’s not really LM’s fault, he’s been left with at least 5 players on 2 year deals that have a year to run on decent wages where in an ideal world, I don’t think he’d want a single one of them as they don’t fit his work ethic he expects.

Without stating the obvious it just shows what an absolute mess Robinson has left us in .Still very angry.

OOTL - who is Woltmann? Sounds like he had a good game yday. Presumably a trialist, but loan or signing? Age?

Just out of interest , do you have inside knowledge that Wayne Brown was awful at his job, or

Difference is it’s not really LM’s fault, he’s been left with at least 5 players on 2 year deals that have a year to run on decent wages where in an ideal world, I don’t think he’d want a single one of them as they don’t fit his work ethic he expects.
So, he either freezes them out to cause group clicks or he clickety clicks makes them fit (somewhere).

Atm he has hobson's choice.

COYY'S

Who are these 5 players that Manning doesn't want?

So, he either freezes them out to cause group clicks or he clickety clicks makes them fit (somewhere).

Atm he has hobson's choice.

COYY'S
Not disputing that and he will probably have to make them feel part of the group, still doesn’t change the fact in a years time it’s hard to argue 4 out of the 5 of them will definitely be out the door.

Bodin who was the player most likely to score last season?
Bodin who doesn’t press from the front & is quite lazy? That’s just the type of player he is. He doesn’t press & that’s what manning will want. He might have to deal with him being here this season but he won’t be here next year, id be very confident of that.

Yanic,Henry,Eastwood,Bodin & probably Murphy if he doesn’t perform this season. Last time I checked that was 5?

Last time I checked Murphy was the standout performer in preseason games until rested yesterday. Henry and Bodin have both been praised by Manning who sees them as valued members of the squad. And for his faults, the one thing you can never question about Simon Eastwood is his work ethic.

So that leaves Wildschut and last time I checked, that was 1!!

Last time I checked Murphy was the standout performer in preseason games until rested yesterday. Henry and Bodin have both been praised by Manning who sees them as valued members of the squad. And for his faults, the one thing you can never question about Simon Eastwood is his work ethic.

So that leaves Wildschut and last time I checked, that was 1!!
Doesn’t mean they will all be offered contracts next season does it! I said Murphy was an if, if he plays like he did 90% of last season then he wouldn’t be here next year. Henry & Bodin can’t play the high press manning wants & Eastwood, yes he works hard but he can’t play the way manning wants a keeper to. Yesterday proved that, but we knew it already.

Yanic. Say no more on the matter.

Doesn’t mean they will all be offered contracts next season does it! I said Murphy was an if, if he plays like he did 90% of last season then he wouldn’t be here next year. Henry & Bodin can’t play the high press manning wants & Eastwood, yes he works hard but he can’t play the way manning wants a keeper to. Yesterday proved that, but we knew it already.

What has not offering them a new contract next season got anything to not wanting them now?

Is Manning actively trying to loan out Murphy, Henry or Bodin? No he isn’t.

Who said anything about next summer?!

And Manning is far from being a one trick pony. It won't be high press or bust, there will be times when Henry and Bodin will make a difference with their experience rather than burst of energy. There are nuances to playing football that means that the best players often stand still whilst others rush around. Both are good enough despite not being first choice. That's the importance of having a squad.

I would imagine that any new manager going in to any club won't want a few players they inherit.
On the basis that Manning gets in a striker or two and a left back, he seems pretty happy that he will have a good team/ squad.
Add to that he has talked up Henry and Bodin, so whist I am sure that he would ship 2 to 3 more out given the option, I reckon he will be pretty happy with his dealings and where we are by the end of the transfer window.

Back
Top Bottom