Gavin Whyte

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1...xford-united-pit-wits-against-crystal-palace/

OM saying Whyte was due to have received clearance yesterday, though that's still not been confirmed by the club.

We're also supposed to be seeing more of Fabio Lopes today at some point. Only 16 and Robinson sees a lot of talent in him.
I don’t want to sound like I’m jumping on the pessimistic wagon, a talented 16 year old pushing his way through to be amongst the first team is never going to be anything other than exciting news but I do wonder if there’s an element of distracting the eye from the fact we’re still short of numbers here? I guess if he’s good enough he’s old enough, Robinson wouldn’t bring him in if he didn’t think he was capable. Good luck to the lad.

I don’t want to sound like I’m jumping on the pessimistic wagon, a talented 16 year old pushing his way through to be amongst the first team is never going to be anything other than exciting news but I do wonder if there’s an element of distracting the eye from the fact we’re still short of numbers here? I guess if he’s good enough he’s old enough, Robinson wouldn’t bring him in if he didn’t think he was capable. Good luck to the lad.

To be fair to Robbo, he does always give a rolling tally of the number of players we're short in every post-match interview! So he knows we know we need incoming transfers. But just like with the squad, he always wants to focus on positive news. He's surely working all hours to close out those niggly pending deals that must be so close to completion.

To be fair to Robbo, he does always give a rolling tally of the number of players we're short in every post-match interview! So he knows we know we need incoming transfers. But just like with the squad, he always wants to focus on positive news. He's surely working all hours to close out those niggly pending deals that must be so close to completion.

Bet Robbo’s frustrated at how long it’s taking being that 2 weeks today we open our account at Barnsley.

TBH his brief appearance against Ox City impressed me.
Raw talent.
Miles better than O James and physically has it

We were saying on the way back to the car that he will be worth a load of money in a year or so. Really impressed and doesn’t look out of place at all.

No only excellent on his own, but is also forming a good understanding with Cameron Norman - who is also a revelation. They worked very well together today - I'd play both of them together as much as possible.

If he is firing/unplayable and we really aspire to Championship in the next couple of years he is one to keep, not sell. When we do go up, we will need a refit in many positions. Pointless selling him for a milly and then having to spend the same to bring in an unknown. The loanees are all well and good but need a core group who get some cohesion through playing for a couple of years. Is he a 20 goal striker? Maybe not, but I think he will score 10-15 and create another 10-15. Could end up being a Dean Saunders and getting penalties every time he skins defenders and gets into the box.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's included in the next Northern Ireland squad. He's already played a couple of Friendlies for them

Back
Top Bottom