Gavin Whyte

Quoted from the BBC text:

16:12
Post update
Northern Ireland 3-0 Israel
Here's a stat...
Gavin Whyte's international career was 106 seconds old when he scored that goal.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Wonder when the last time an Oxford player scored for his country was?
Did Gino score for Curacao when he was here?
Weren't there a couple of players on international duty for Caribbean countries at one point as well?

We've been well represented with Northern Ireland. Jim Magilton, Billy Hamilton and David Sloan immediately come to mind.

Wonder when the last time an Oxford player scored for his country was?
Did Gino score for Curacao when he was here?
Weren't there a couple of players on international duty for Caribbean countries at one point as well?
Shandon Baptiste scored for Grenada in November last year

EDIT: Gino did score in March while he was with us so he is the correct answer

Can we start a gofundme page for 2 name changes Charlie Raglan clearly isn't in Robinson's plans and training with U23'S so change his name to Gavin Whyte and a big bid comes in and we sell the player named "Gavin Whyte" which we accept and keep the player called "Charlie Raglan". It's a win win for all, We get a substantial fee and keep the player.

Should get away with it!Right?

Great Debut, shame he was only used tonight, we could have done with him Sunday when he was bench warming for NI

Last edited:
And to think, it's not so long ago that the best international call up our players could've hoped for was the England C Team.

Shandon Baptiste scored for Grenada in November last year

EDIT: Gino did score in March while he was with us so he is the correct answer

Ta. I was racking my brains thinking that one of our squad must have scored for one of the littler nations. Thought Baptiste and Gino had scored for their respective nations lately.

Here's a more tricky one so we need someone with the time and inclination to find it - who was the last European player to score for his country whilst contracted as an Oxford player (prior to Whyte's strike tonight)?

I'd hazard a guess at Dean Saunders, maybe, but I could be overlooking someone really obvious ...

Ta. I was racking my brains thinking that one of our squad must have scored for one of the littler nations. Thought Baptiste and Gino had scored for their respective nations lately.

Here's a more tricky one so we need someone with the time and inclination to find it - who was the last European player to score for his country whilst contracted as an Oxford player (prior to Whyte's strike tonight)?

I'd hazard a guess at Dean Saunders, maybe, but I could be overlooking someone really obvious ...

Isn’t Baptiste European?

Mark Watson played a lot of games for Canada while he was with us (not European I know but full international) but not sure if he scored?

Do not laugh what about Grebis (Latvia)?

I would guess that Magilton probably scored after Saunders, and maybe Andy Melville. Can't think of many other European internationals.

Back
Top Bottom