Gavin Whyte

Apparently Crusaders manager took him to one side at the airport just before they were boarding a flight to Bulgaria for a champions league qualifier to tell him the news. I don't think he made the trip in the end. Sadly Crusaders got thrashed 7-0 by Ludogorets.

Cheeky gits suggesting that they may go for him.in January.
He has just signed a 3 year contract. If he does really well we should keep him at least one year or two if in the Championship ?

I might be wrong but wasnt he northern irish striker we had in the eighties also played in the wc?

I might be wrong but wasnt he northern irish striker we had in the eighties also played in the wc?

He was well before Jimmy Magic though, so wouldn’t qualify under the “last decent” criteria.

Probably “best ever” Northern Irishman, but not “last decent” Northern Irishman.

Billy Hamilton was the best number 9 we ever had. But his career with us was fairly short (two and a bit seasons), and plagued by injury, so that he only made about 40 appearances. For example, he was not in the milk cup winning squad.

Is this the player that we had a bid accepted for early last week? I'm not sure it is because KR stated that the players wages had to come down and ours had to go up to max. Indicating that we are looking at a championship player.

Is this the player that we had a bid accepted for early last week? I'm not sure it is because KR stated that the players wages had to come down and ours had to go up to max. Indicating that we are looking at a championship player.

I thought the wages talk was about a few transfers in general rather than the one where we'd had a bid accepted. I could be wrong though.

I thought the wages talk was about a few transfers in general rather than the one where we'd had a bid accepted. I could be wrong though.
I think so too. So if it comes off we could be looking at a few players at the top end of our budget. I know that doesn’t always mean they’ll be great (Ivo Pekalski anyone?) but with the current management I’m excited.

Back
Top Bottom