National News First 100 days of Boris..........

Godwins Law.

Nothing wrong with giving the Police the powers to deal with these teflon coated "law abiding" members of our society................

I`m guessing they create fewer difficulties in the leafy South than around these parts?

By all means identify as traveller`s, but live by the same rules as the rest of us and don`t use that tag as an exemption certificate.

Iirc, we started Concentration Camps in the Boer War so not Godwin's law. ;)

taking back control, & getting brexit done by adopting what them damn foreigners do in their EU ? ?
Many countries do it, so for those Europhiles such as yourself, this should be a good first step to alignment right now we are leaving? ?

Johnson reneges on another election promise 'shock'...

Was never an election promise.
Also no carriages to replace those in question until later this year.
I know that Labour would have magicked up these carriages by January, no doubt at zero cost.
Labour lost the election.
Give the new government a chance.

Was never an election promise.
Also no carriages to replace those in question until later this year.
I know that Labour would have magicked up these carriages by January, no doubt at zero cost.
Labour lost the election.
Give the new government a chance.
there was a deadline of Jan 1st , I think, made by a previous tory government( at some point over the past decade), yet Johnson's regime has chosen to ignore and overide the legislation intended to improve public transport for the disabled, sorry, but to me that isn't right, especially not from a government headed by a man who just days ago was spouting off about how his government would be repaying the trust put in his party .... Johnson is a proven liar, Im judging him by his actions not his words, and this absolutely stinks IMO

I always chuckle at the “Australian point system”. The way it actually works here is as a thinly veiled filter for those with money and/or very good English. You don’t get the best people, you get the people who can afford the exorbitant visa/PR application fees and can do an English language comprehension test.

I did laugh this morning seeing it was a special day for Owen Jones - celebrating that fact he's a "w⚓" . All very childish but seeing the triggering of people on Twitter, I'm sure whoever thought it up found it funny and got what they were looking for :ROFLMAO:

I always chuckle at the “Australian point system”. The way it actually works here is as a thinly veiled filter for those with money and/or very good English. You don’t get the best people, you get the people who can afford the exorbitant visa/PR application fees and can do an English language comprehension test.

Sounds like a barrier to people from more, err... "exotic climes". Will resonate well with this new breed of working-class Tory.

now they've been elected the nasty party show their true colours ... heartlessly outrageous IMO... oh well Boris n co will 'get Brexit done' - by 31st Jan and that's what really matters ... isnt it? ?

now they've been elected the nasty party show their true colours ... heartlessly outrageous IMO... oh well Boris n co will 'get Brexit done' - by 31st Jan and that's what really matters ... isnt it? ?

Not a surprise really.

My recollection from seeing this last year, and some braincells have gone since then, was the details were fairly complex and they wanted to stop anchor babies being used by people smugglers to then have the family join them later.

As I say, I saw this pre-Christmas so may be wrong

Its linked to birthright citizenship and the so called "anchor baby`s".
Most countries already restrict "citizenship as a birthright."
Ireland was the last of the European Union countries to abolish birthright citizenship, in 2005. Through a referendum backed by nearly 80% of Irish voters, citizenship was limited to those born to at least one Irish parent. The decision was a response to a controversy surrounding birth tourism and the case of Man Levette Chen, a Chinese national who traveled to Northern Ireland so that her daughter would be born an Irish citizen. Chen sought residency rights in Britain, citing her child’s Irish and EU citizenship. Though the United Kingdom Home Office rejected Chen’s application, the decision was overturned by the European Court of Justice in 2004.
The use of "refugee" status has been seen as another vehicle to gain entry & subsequent citizenship.
At least clarifying things will let people know where they stand, as I often say there are plenty of "safe" counties between wherever they are fleeing and here.

Its linked to birthright citizenship and the so called "anchor baby`s".
Most countries already restrict "citizenship as a birthright."
Ireland was the last of the European Union countries to abolish birthright citizenship, in 2005. Through a referendum backed by nearly 80% of Irish voters, citizenship was limited to those born to at least one Irish parent. The decision was a response to a controversy surrounding birth tourism and the case of Man Levette Chen, a Chinese national who traveled to Northern Ireland so that her daughter would be born an Irish citizen. Chen sought residency rights in Britain, citing her child’s Irish and EU citizenship. Though the United Kingdom Home Office rejected Chen’s application, the decision was overturned by the European Court of Justice in 2004.
The use of "refugee" status has been seen as another vehicle to gain entry & subsequent citizenship.
At least clarifying things will let people know where they stand, as I often say there are plenty of "safe" counties between wherever they are fleeing and here.
Plus of course as refugees in the EU, they must claim asylum in the first country they enter. Ergo, the theory is there should be no child refugees entering the UK from the Schengen zone

Didnt Johnson 'promise' more £ for dealing specifically with metal health issues? .....and people were taken in by him, well, he will get Brexit done so that makes any other lies all ok then?....

From the same article............
"The DWP insists that mental health is “given the same recognition” as physical health despite the new guidance. It claims that the legislation merely clarifies the original intention of PIP. "

Pre-conceived prejudices (eg: Against anything the Government do) does not make good journalists.
The reality is that funding streams have to be targeted and managed or they run out and the people that really need them miss out.
So should MH funding be seperated, and services improved, or leave the dripping tap of claimants getting money they are not due?
That`s the choice.

Some interesting comments in the media over the weekend. Boris claims the clown has gone and it's down to business - I can't be the only one who doesn't think that's possible.

In terms of the EU negotiations, Johnson and Van Der Leyen both went to the same school in Brussels for a time and it was he that brought some rough and tumble to the sports played. Also, the EU believe a deal of sorts can be done this year, but it is highly dependent on certain things being in and out of it - but it depends who you talk to on if you believe it possible. It was interesting to see Barnier wasn't the one to meet Boris.

Back
Top Bottom