Fans Forum

If we can get the hell out of the stadium, finally move somewhere better and get him out of our hair for good, I personally don’t give a toss what he does with the stinking heap of sh#t.

The biggest word in that is 'if'.

If we can get out, where do we play in the meantime?

If we get out, where do we build a new stadium? (Oxford is at a premium for land anyway and none of the district or city councils seem to be offering much, plus you have to consider all the other infrastructure such as parking, residents concerns etc. Building a new stadium is not something that can be done in a few months.)

If we build a new stadium, who will fund it? The reason for our decline in the '90s was due to the costs of moving from The Manor.

If the new stadium will cost more than £15 million, won't buying the Kassam be a better option? We'll remain in Oxford still.

By saying 'let's just leave' raises a tonne more headaches. I haven't seen much in meaningful answers other than pie-in-the-sky ideas about Water Eaton.

Some sort of vocal protest against FK at the city game would be a start. Then maybe the ultras could do some sort of display. I'm sure plenty of people would donate to pay for it. The sooner we are free from him the better.

We need to make a banner/ flag, showing what we think of the greedy tosser and how OCC fail to help us as we are not a university, to late for the Man City game?? As lest dick Turpin wore a mask

We need to make a banner/ flag, showing what we think of the greedy tosser and how OCC fail to help us as we are not a university, to late for the Man City game?? As lest dick Turpin wore a mask

You knew where you stood with Dick Turpin and what to expect unlike FK

If we get out, where do we build a new stadium? (Oxford is at a premium for land anyway and none of the district or city councils seem to be offering much, plus you have to consider all the other infrastructure such as parking, residents concerns etc. Building a new stadium is not something that can be done in a few months.)

If we build a new stadium, who will fund it? The reason for our decline in the '90s was due to the costs of moving from The Manor.

If the new stadium will cost more than £15 million, won't buying the Kassam be a better option? We'll remain in Oxford still.

By saying 'let's just leave' raises a tonne more headaches. I haven't seen much in meaningful answers other than pie-in-the-sky ideas about Water Eaton.
8 years left of the licence.
That is the timeframe the club must be working to.

Apparently OCC are helping oufc according to the club.

I get what you’re saying, these are issues that up to now have never looked possible to be resolved. However I get the feeling things are starting to shift now, I think we’re getting some real big hitters in our corner at last.

Some sort of vocal protest against FK at the city game would be a start. Then maybe the ultras could do some sort of display. I'm sure plenty of people would donate to pay for it. The sooner we are free from him the better.
All well and good but Ka$$am doesn’t give a s**t.

• React
Reactions: m
Apparently OCC are helping oufc according to the club.

We should work on the assumption based on years of experience that OCC are once again purely paying lip service to OUFC.
If we want things to change we have to do it ourselves (or at least most of it).

Last edited:
I hope councils aren’t bullshitting as has been done previously but the sooner we have a new ground the better. I like the idea of the inter Milan man coming in.

Interesting news coming out of the FF so fingers crossed on that. We really need three points asap so why not today.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

I bet its the contract the fat, sockless wonder signed all those years ago.

I am glad the club are making it public at long last.

Maybe the licence was signed on behalf of Oxford United by the previous owner of the club, Mr F Kassam. He owned both the stadium company and the club and therefore it made sense at the time, rip thé club off to make the stadium company viable. Just a thought.

Last' protest' did trigger a change( yep part of which was the 'deal we've been saddled with....but, think those in charge currently are a bit more astute than nick merry?) ....& the one thing ka$$am detests and abhors is adverse publicity

A protest was organised recently to take place during a televised game, but Kassam made a statement which led to the protest being shelved.

The perfect sight for me is at the end of the Abingdon Road, opposite the Park and Ride site. I know its been talked about before but why cannot OCC give the ok if they really want to help the club move forward.

• React
Reactions: MJB
A protest was organised recently to take place during a televised game, but Kassam made a statement which led to the protest being shelved.

I think we also overestimate:
a) How many people will be tuning in
b) Of those people, how many will know or care about our situation
c) What will be shown on screen or heard (and not edited out, which happens a lot)
d) The exposure we will gain at the end of the day

Very encouraging regarding talk of investment and making Oxford both competitive in the short term and sustainable in the Championship when we get there. It sounds like real progress has been made on establishing when, where and how we move the stadium situation forward and it sounds like more information could be available in the next 5 or 6 weeks. I would guess this will involve building elsewhere as not only are we being whipped by Kassam but KR effectively blaming the stadium for our performances. I would guess that as with Kassam, money talks when it comes to dealing with the council. DE never had the money available to finance the whole deal and was reliant on support from the council. If we had a plan to spend £25m on a stadium and relevant infrastructure whilst also bringing foreign businesses into the region, such as Thai Airlines for example, and it didn't cost them a penny, the council will struggle not to welcome it with open arms. Any plans for housing could be offset by allowing Kassam to turn the stadium into a big new estate instead - and as much as I'd hate to see him filling his pockets, the most important thing is that we are finally shot of him.
Also, one point which may go overlooked is how well KR spoke and how involved he appears in these plans. The idea that he could be sacked after today or that him and Tiger don't get on seems to be ridiculous. Of course we need the results, but I think a little patience from all involved will help us achieve what we all want for our club.

Back
Top Bottom