General Fans Forum - Kassam Stadium - 7th March @ 6.30pm

I don't really know what to make of him. He's Head of Commercial, so regardless of how you dress it up, his primary concern is going to be maximising revenue and profit.

I have a bigger issue with Tim, to be honest. He's CEO, his job is to create a vision for and set the tone of the club. The vision he's created is Top-30 club and the tone he's set is customer-not-fan. Benson has been brought in to help deliver that vision, and the way he's approaching that is unsurprising given his boss' numbers over people approach.

I just keep coming back to the fact I don't think Tim is a good CEO. He's undoubtedly an intelligent guy, was probably an excellent accountant, but he just doesn't seem to get people.

This 👏

And this is why Grant being away from the club a lot really bugs me. He’s on social media, he sees all the current unrest.

If he was around showing authority to TW & AB then their actions would be held to account far more.

I think with an absent ownership group (no idea what their aim is), an absent owner in most.. it leaves Tim in charge of the club.

So there lies the issue.

It’s no surprise we also think there are major issues on the on pitch side too with that being the case. There should be a sporting director at the club if they want to work this way.
They would work below/alongside Tim.

Do Tim and Adam each have their own individual ‘little black book’ of regular posters on YF?

Each poster has A,B,C,D, E or F next to their name depending on whether they are seen as;

(A)
(B)
(C)
(C)
(D)
(E)
(F) An Idiot.

Have edited it to how they probably have it.

Well the bit about Niall McWilliams being knackered and was persuaded to stay for another year is true.
What was he knackered from? All those meetings and coffee and croissants he had?

He should try doing my job for the same length of time, then he’d know what knackered really felt like

What was he knackered from? All those meetings and coffee and croissants he had?

He should try doing my job for the same length of time, then he’d know what knackered really felt like

Attachments

• IMG_9610.png
    IMG_9610.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 6
Thank you for OxVox for organising and pushing for this.

I wasn’t as impressed as most on here about the content. Thought the stadium guy knew his stuff so spoke confidently and a lot - the panel knew the time allowed so happy for the stadium access and safe standing questions. Why did three people answer one question? Because it ate the time up.

Mr North question wasn’t answered.

Any slightly difficult question led to tetchiness.

When asked about the staff leaving, Mr Williams said they support staff yet we all know different people in the club with a story to tell that doesn’t support that. Mr Goddard said it’s a happy place - it might be for him with his police pension and highly paid job but that’s not the case for the staff on the ground and he doesn’t make it any happier for them. As someone else here has said, his answer felt very preplanned.

Mr Williams says social media has improved. What has improved? Attaching links to club shop merchandise? Videos asking players what there favourite film is? Showing players running on the training ground? We know the communication has got worse including the social media but unfortunately the nature of the meeting did not allow for follow up to the panel’s answers.

One of my questions if they had got to me would be why they allow the head of academy to live in Scotland and only work a couple of days a week in Oxford .

Overall a lot of filibustering with not a lot of substance.
😡😡

Someone at the back from OUSP said a solution had been negotiated, odd that Michael hadn’t been informed.
Spoke to Michael after the forum and said that to him that he never got an answer and the people that were with him when I mentioned that agreed including Michael. Didn’t really get to speak to OUSP that were present about this so possibly there is something happening and were unaware of it.

Spoke to Michael after the forum and said that to him that he never got an answer and the people that were with him when I mentioned that agreed including Michael. Didn’t really get to speak to OUSP that were present about this so possibly there is something happening and were unaware of it.
It sounded to me as if something is being finalised and there will be something planned to be discussed with Michael.
Hopefully that is right.

I hadn't heard it mentioned before that thete will be a 30 minute update with Jerome?
Good idea

I think it was Joe from Yellow Army who made the comment. OUSP have been passing all discussion on this to OxVox to handle and have not been directly involved.

I think it was Joe from Yellow Army who made the comment. OUSP have been passing all discussion on this to OxVox to handle and have not been directly involved.
Thanks for clarifying

Back
Top Bottom