General Fans Forum - Questions List

Questions

1. (TW) You have spoken previously about the aim of the club is to become a "top 30 club".
Which areas of the club do you feel are working at, or closest to being in the mould of a top 30 club?
And which areas do you believe need a lot more focus and attention to get there?

2. (GF/TW) Please explain how the ownership structure will work at the new stadium and how will OUFC be protected?

3. (TW) A year ago, around the time Mr Robinson left his post as manager, you stated that the club doesn't need a Director of Football / Sporting Director and that the head of recruitment was basically the same role. Do you still think that and - if so - can you explain why?

4. (GF/TW) In the interests of transparency, please can you outline the Return on Investment strategy the investors are using in respect of the club and stadium?

5. (TW) Is there a minimum performance requirement for the team this season woven into Des' contract?

6. (TW) When you said that the club were doing a good job at communicating with the fan base how do you come to this conclusion when the general feeling is that fans feel more distant from the club than ever?

7. (GF) Why did the club fail to bring in a suitable assistant for Des when he first joined and how did we end up with the confusion of Chris Hackett’s role at the club? What is the plan going forward in regards to 1st team staffing structure? Will Des be given further support in his role to succeed?

8. (GF/TW) Does it concern you that long standing staff members who are life long fans of the club are leaving? From a fans perspective it looks like there is a cultural problem that is forcing so many to leave in such a short space of time.

9. (GF/TW) What was the thinking behind raising shirt prices for the Joey shirts instead of the club contributing some of the donation itself?

10 (TW) Jim Goddard dismissed concerns about general cleanliness as the customers fault for not reporting the issues to a steward, if these issues are reported on social media enough for Jim to notice, then why are walkarounds not performed every hour (at a minimum), so that these issues can continuously be monitored by employees?

11. (TW) What positive contributions are you most pleased with from Adam Benson since his arrival?

Last edited by a moderator:

Front Post

I suspect there will be a handful of people who contribute and/or read this forum that will be attending. But equally, many people will not be able to attend.

Lets have a thread for questions that those who cannot attend would like to be asked. Perhaps any members going will be able to ask on others behalves.

I'll collate them into one post on here and then can send on for @OUSP or @OxVox to put to the club if they do not get asked or answered at the forum.

Don't spam it with "What's your favourite type of sandwich" etc.
Try to stick just to questions you'd like to be asked.

Last edited:
I'll put a starter for 10

To TW
You have spoken previously about the aim of the club is to become a "top 30 club".
Which areas of the club do you feel are working at, or closest to being in the mould of a top 30 club?
And which areas do you believe need a lot more focus and attention to get there?

A year ago, around the time Mr Robinson left his post as manager, you stated that the club doesn't need a Director of Football / Sporting Director and that the head of recruitment was basically the same role. Do you still think that and - if so - can you explain why?

[Included Above]

Doesn't that just allow questions to be batted away with a glib "I don't have that information to hand".......

Doesn't that just allow questions to be batted away with a glib "I don't have that information to hand".......
If that's in reply to me then my answer is as follows:

I'm not thinking of asking something that is completely "out there" but something very pertinent, that TW, in particular, should know the answer(s) to. If he claims that he doesn't then I'd ask why? Is it incompetence or dishonesty. Or maybe he doesn't think we deserve an answer?

I guess we'll find out on the night.......

Presumably they will be met with answers like “it’s wrong”, “I haven't seen/heard that” or “I don't recall …..”

In the interests of transparency, please can you outline the Return on Investment strategy the investors are using in respect of the club and stadium?

is there a minimum performance requirement for the team this season woven into Des' contract?

Have we approached MK Don's about a potential ground share ?

[Included Above]

In the interests of transparency, please can you outline the Return on Investment strategy the investors are using in respect of the club and stadium?

is there a minimum performance requirement for the team this season woven into Des' contract?

Have we approached MK Don's about a potential ground share ?

We have not.

They were very open that Wycombe would be the EFL club would we play at should it ever come to that for a season.

For TW - when you said that the club were doing a good job at communicating with the fan base how do you come to this conclusion when the general feeling is that fans feel more distant from the club than ever?

For GF - why did the club fail to bring in a suitable assistant for Des when he first joined and how did we end up with the confusion of Chris Hackett’s role at the club? What is the plan going forward in regards to 1st team staffing structure? Will Des be given further support in his role to succeed?

For GF & TW - does it concern you that long standing staff members who are life long fans of the club are leaving? From a fans perspective it doesn’t look good.

For GF or TW - what was the thinking behind raising shirt prices for the Joey shirts?

Finally, for GF or TW - do they except that significant mistakes have been made in regards to communicating with the fans and under estimated how much the club means to us as fans?

[Included Above]

In January, Jim Goddard dismissed concerns from customers about general cleanliness as the customers fault for not reporting the issues to a steward, but reporting it on social media instead.
If these issues are reported on social media enough for Jim to notice, then why are walkarounds not performed every hour (at a minimum), so that these issues can continuously be monitored by employees?
A restaurant would not wait until a customer complained of a dirty table or no soap in the toilets to fix the issue. Why should OUFC?

Can lead into/out of a question about the board treating us customers disrespectfully.

1709066170007.png

Also, what positive effect has Adam Benson had on the club?
Why is Adam Benson's role considered more important than the role of DoF? Surely we don't need a sales director more than a DoF.

[Included Above]

Last edited:
Grant said in the last end of year accounts, that significant money had been spent on the training ground building roof, why lie? when was water leaking through the managers office roof in first couple of weeks in January..

Question for Tim.

How come lots of employees don’t like you. Majority of staff are fed up and are looking elsewhere.
Groundstaff leaving, cleaning staff leaving, media leaving, physios leaving, head of performance leaving. And many more around the corner.

Why?

Question for Tim.

How come lots of employees don’t like you. Majority of staff are fed up and are looking elsewhere.
Groundstaff leaving, cleaning staff leaving, media leaving, physios leaving, head of performance leaving. And many more around the corner.

Why?

Hi Chris 👋

All fans iam sure are thankful for the idea of the new ground and the backing the board its been fantastic. But there does seem to be a strange vibe around the club do they feel there is one and how do they think they can improve that ?

Back
Top Bottom