Do you want a Fans’ Forum?

• Yes, ASAP

Votes: 63 38.0%
  • Yes, but after the season finishes

Votes: 91 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters
So little, in fact, that we are doing it all again. We’re again at the mercy of a manager to find the formula for success. The average time served by a manager is 2 years so it’s hardly a sustainable way to operate. Whether it goes extremely well or extremely wrong, we’ve got a problem.
I remember when we played Swindon at ours a few years ago and they called our club arrogant for the way out staff were acting pre and post game.

They may have been arrogant but the important thing was they they also vision and were winners.

The worry with Williams and Ferguson is they have all of the arrogance but none of the substance, planning or winning mentality.

They settle for average and standing still on the footballing side of the club. If you stand still in football, you get overtaken by those with lower budgets and greater desire.

The disdain they show to the fans is emblematic of the disdain with which they treat our club.

We deserve so much better. We should demand so much better from them. They’re sleepwalking into yet another crisis - it’s their default mode seemingly.

That is the inverse of the 'lets wait until the new season' argument. 'Lets no bother because the current incumbents are poor' is not a reason for them to not hold one or for us to not want them to stand by their promises to hold one.

Not at you @ZeroTheHero but a convenient point to start.

Let's not pretend the issue is whether a fans' Forum is more use now or at some future date, it's about making a promise to customers then reneging on it. It's about trust.

I think we have to ask 2 things: why are The Chuckle Brothers furtively dismissing a commitment they made to us? and what other commitments will they find it convenient to renege on when the time comes?

They've not only demonstrated they have no understanding of football but also, even more concerningly, that they don't much care.

Last edited:
They settle for average and standing still on the footballing side of the club. If you stand still in football, you get overtaken by those with lower budgets and greater desire.
This is the point to home in on in the transfer threads. It staggers me to see any suggestion that a handful of changes will do or that another season of someone ‘doing a job’ is acceptable. When you factor in that the 18 sides that finished above us will go again in the window and starting from a much better platform than we are, we’ve got work to do just to ensure we can repeat last season’s miserable return, let alone build on that to be competitive at the top.

The good news is we now have a manager that can be trusted, he has the confidence of the players and fans and he’s proven at this level to some degree. Good start. But if he can’t build the team he wants in the right shape, we’re only getting him at a percentage of his best and that means our ceiling isn’t much greater than where we finished last year. They must pull their finger out and soon.

To learn to do better, you have to both accept that it could have been better, and want to learn/improve. The Chuckle Brothers do t have enough skin in the game to give a toss either way.
And what skin they do have in the game is gossamer thin.

To my mind there could be a number of reasons why the promised FF has not materialised, but is it not possible that it could have been stopped by the owners, so a decision not actually down to TW or GF.

They promised it didn‘t they, rather than the owners? So it might not be their decision not to go ahead with it?

Just a thought, either way it’s not a good look and we should be having one around now to reflect on last season and make clear future plans on and off the pitch, particularly whilst trying to push early season ticket sales.

Just an observation but if fans want their points listened to by the club and to be taken seriously then calling them the chuckle brothers probably doesn't help.

As I said, just a thought.

What apt epithet would you choose then? Management team hardly seems appropriate.

Just an observation but if fans want their points listened to by the club and to be taken seriously then calling them the chuckle brothers probably doesn't help.

As I said, just a thought.
As said, very thin skinned if that's the case.

And the obvious thing to do if they take offence at that label, is to stop behaving in the manner they have to date. Simple.

As said, very thin skinned if that's the case.

And the obvious thing to do if they take offence at that label, is to stop behaving in the manner they have to date. Simple.
Agree they do seem very thin skinned but at the same time, the same could be said towards some of our fans considering many took offence at being called ‘customers’.

I agree, they could have ameliorated the damage by appealing to 'true customers'.

After GF last interview with the Oxford mail where he had claimed it's not his fault how last season went and how it's a positive thing we stayed up but wouldn't have been the end of the world if we had got relegated I think chuckle brothers is going to stay with him for a while what a plonker .

Grant has genuinely said "I'm not taking responsibility for last season". I'm baffled. You're the guy in charge, if you are not responsible, who the f**k is?! Because it certainly isn't us.

This guy is either just biting back maliciously at fans being pissed off at a P**s poor season and putting blame on him, or he is genuinely oblivious to the fan discontent which might actually be worse. Starting to get a genuine dislike for Grant now - his attitude to the fans has been pathetic.

Grant has genuinely said "I'm not taking responsibility for last season". I'm baffled. You're the guy in charge, if you are not responsible, who the f**k is?! Because it certainly isn't us.

He said the opposite, sort of,
Grant Chuckle said:
“I’m not not taking responsibility for last season but there was a transition and there was a reason for wanting that transition to take place.

“At the end of the day, we’ve got the outcome that we needed, to stay in the league.
My underline.

Back
Top Bottom