Fans Forum

ZeroTheHero

Active member
#1
In case anyone hasn't seen it (and Sarge needs the maximum amount of time to prepare his questions!) a fans forum has been announced for before the Walsall game, details on the OWS.

Edit - Corrected Sarge's name. Athough he probably IS a Sage!
 
Last edited:

Sarge

Well-known member
2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
#6
Tiger agreed at the previous fans forum that the next one wouldn't be pre match....he also agreed to a shareholders AGM....seems our bowtie wearing owner lied about both as NO AGM and now a nother pre match forum ....this time I'm not changing my pre game ritual to accommodate tiger the bullshitter...can't be arsed to be fobbed off by him, his patronising md and his other lackeys who say one thing and do the opposite...fuckem
 

Eaststandboy

Owner
Staff member
#7
Tiger agreed at the previous fans forum that the next one wouldn't be pre match....he also agreed to a shareholders AGM....seems our bowtie wearing owner lied about both as NO AGM and now a nother pre match forum ....this time I'm not changing my pre game ritual to accommodate tiger the bullshitter...can't be arsed to be fobbed off by him, his patronising md and his other lackeys who say one thing and do the opposite...fuckem
There will be 0 questions asked at the forum then :)
 

Colin B

Active member
#8
Tiger agreed at the previous fans forum that the next one wouldn't be pre match....he also agreed to a shareholders AGM....seems our bowtie wearing owner lied about both as NO AGM and now a nother pre match forum ....this time I'm not changing my pre game ritual to accommodate tiger the bullshitter...can't be arsed to be fobbed off by him, his patronising md and his other lackeys who say one thing and do the opposite...fuckem
Hi Sarge,

It was actually us at OxVox that suggested this Fans Forum to Tiger.

He was intending to do it at the training ground, which isn't ready yet, so we advised that he really shouldn't wait until then, as there is a need for a fans forum much sooner. He agreed and changed his plans at short notice (our conversation with him was only on Sunday) and is now flying back on the weekend of the 22nd specifically for the fans forum. I think you need to cut him a bit of slack before jumping off the deep end mate!

He will still hold the open day and questions at the training ground too, so you're getting two chances to question him rather than one. We will organise an OxVox members meeting to take place after the Fans Forum, probably sometime in October, and not on a match day ;-)
 

Sarge

Well-known member
2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
#10
Hi Sarge,

It was actually us at OxVox that suggested this Fans Forum to Tiger.

He was intending to do it at the training ground, which isn't ready yet, so we advised that he really shouldn't wait until then, as there is a need for a fans forum much sooner. He agreed and changed his plans at short notice (our conversation with him was only on Sunday) and is now flying back on the weekend of the 22nd specifically for the fans forum. I think you need to cut him a bit of slack before jumping off the deep end mate!

He will still hold the open day and questions at the training ground too, so you're getting two chances to question him rather than one. We will organise an OxVox members meeting to take place after the Fans Forum, probably sometime in October, and not on a match day ;-)
Cheers for clarification @Colin B ....I shan't be attending the pre match ff myself....Tiger, Niall mcw and Chris Williams all agreed at the last one that they wouldn't hold another ff pre match...the md said the intention was to hold future ff' s around various locations in Ox on of an evening....If they talk loud and do nothing (like tiger agreeing there would be a shareholders AGM held in 2018 ...at the last ff, yet....nothing) as they have done, I'm not giving up my time or sacrificing my pre match rituals to hear one thing said and then the opposite actually happen. Agreements and promises which were made publically and with local and national media there to hear and record what was said, at the last ff, yet oufc chairman, md and communications chappy all appear to think that no one will rememember what theyve said, nor will they be called out on thier evedindently hollow promises. ...oh dear, i make notes at agms, forums and open meetings, maybe they should too???
 

Wallop

Junior Member
#11
Cheers for clarification @Colin B ....I shan't be attending the pre match ff myself....Tiger, Niall mcw and Chris Williams all agreed at the last one that they wouldn't hold another ff pre match

Well as Colin B has said, Oxvox have asked them to hold one pre match and Tiger appears to have agreed to do so although this means he has to move his diary around - fair play to him especially given he's likely to get a hard time given on the field performances and recruitment difficulties.

...the md said the intention was to hold future ff' s around various locations in Ox on of an evening

Looks like that is still the intention based on what Colin says

....If they talk loud and do nothing (like tiger agreeing there would be a shareholders AGM held in 2018 ...at the last ff, yet....nothing) as they have done, I'm not giving up my time or sacrificing my pre match rituals to hear one thing said and then the opposite actually happen.

You must have a very exciting pre-match routine & if you don't turn up then you can't hold them to account and point out the inconsistency in their words/actions

Agreements and promises which were made publically and with local and national media there to hear and record what was said, at the last ff, yet oufc chairman, md and communications chappy all appear to think that no one will rememember what theyve said, nor will they be called out on thier evedindently hollow promises.

See last comment re holding them to account

...oh dear, i make notes at agms, forums and open meetings, maybe they should too???

Again see last comment re holding them to account
 

Finlandia

Junior Member
#12
Cheers for clarification @Colin B ....I shan't be attending the pre match ff myself....Tiger, Niall mcw and Chris Williams all agreed at the last one that they wouldn't hold another ff pre match...the md said the intention was to hold future ff' s around various locations in Ox on of an evening....If they talk loud and do nothing (like tiger agreeing there would be a shareholders AGM held in 2018 ...at the last ff, yet....nothing) as they have done, I'm not giving up my time or sacrificing my pre match rituals to hear one thing said and then the opposite actually happen. Agreements and promises which were made publically and with local and national media there to hear and record what was said, at the last ff, yet oufc chairman, md and communications chappy all appear to think that no one will rememember what theyve said, nor will they be called out on thier evedindently hollow promises. ...oh dear, i make notes at agms, forums and open meetings, maybe they should too???
You've been given an explanation yet you still go on and on and on............... If you are that bothered, why don't you email the club and ask to spend some time with the MD or email your questions in to the club? Plans change, it happens. Get over it
 

Sarge

Well-known member
2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
#13
You've been given an explanation yet you still go on and on and on............... If you are that bothered, why don't you email the club and ask to spend some time with the MD or email your questions in to the club? Plans change, it happens. Get over it
how about YOU, 'keep up' @Finlandia ????? ...yesterday this was (heatedly for a short time, then amicably) all discussed on here
and IF the OUFC official site had stated clearly Oxvox had requested the FF as a matter of urgency, perhaps this thread wouldntve happened...it wasnt mentioned, this thread happened (besides arent forums meant for discussing views???) , now youve had an explanation maybe you ought to GET OVER IT?:unsure::unsure::unsure:

FACT: at the last FF Assurances, agreements and promises WERE made by the chairman and the MD, publically, regarding the timing of the next Fans Forum and about them holding a Shareholders AGM in 2018 ....of which its turned out their word has been broken on both. Plus there was the ' email me' invite from the MD (see below)

FACT. As OUFC had been dragging thier heels in arranging a fans forum, (awaiting the holy grail training ground to be operational enough to host a fans forum being the official reason for the delay- Im not convinced btw), Oxvox approached them, OUFC, with a view to arranging one sharpish. Then the club announce on the official website, which was picked up immediately by the Oxford Mail, that there would be a FF at midday ,away from the breeze block prior to the Walsall home game...... NOT as had been promised, agreed and assured at the previous FF that it would be of an evening , therefore not limited to a mere 60 mins, OUFC also at the previous FF, stated that future FF would be held in different areas of Oxfordshire (of an evening, on non matchdays)........ the announcement on the official site (& via OM) failed to mention that Oxvox had requested a FF


As for Emailing the MD .... I don't know if YOU have attempted to get any answer to any question from the MD ?... I have, and on a number of occasions, at different times, each involving a different question.... replies from OUFC MD, who INVITED email questions at both the Oxvox members open meeting at the Masons Arms (where the then recently appointed MD was one of the guest speakers), and also the same invitation was given at the limited to 60 minutes stupid o clock pre-match FF, not once has the MD even addressed any of the questions emailed to him, just the very similar 'how nice to hear from you, thank you for your valued support' each and every time. Which I found patronising.

As YOU point out things change, which they do, and for a variety of reasons too...however if OUFC communications spin doctor fails to mention that the short notice FF was requested by Oxvox... many at the previous FF witnessed the responses from OUFC officials agreeing the next FF would be an evening one and not on a matchday, (as well as many other agreements that, as yet, haven't turned out as the chairman, the MD, the spin doctor and others assured... if their word can not be trusted on these sort of matters, why would anyone trust their word on anything more serious?-that was and still is my view)

How about YOU, as you put it try and GET OVER IT....As you evidently can't keep up when there's
a discussion on going on a forum it seems?
A forum being where DIFFERENT views are expressed, certain facts come to light, opinions are exchanged. All of which ran their course yesterday and all is more or less good again on here (on the fans forum subject)..... then you pop up, over a day later to chip in with your patronising comments. Therefore , I do wonder if you are OUFC MD under a pseudonym, as you appear to have a similar ability to totally miss what's blatantly in front of you ( in the case of this thread, even though its been discussed, done and dusted a day earlier- incidentally contributions to threads come timed and dated, in case you missed that too? :eek:)

As already stated (on this thread) I can't make the limited time, pre-match FF before the Walsall game, due to work commitments, I hope to make it in time for kick off for that one. then Im off to working again after that game.

Assuming you're going to the cup game v City a week on Tuesday(? ) .... how about us meeting up for a beer n chat at The 'bird pre-match for a chat? I'll get the first round in too...... I'm sure as we're both OUFC fans there will be at least some common ground?:sneaky:

.... question is, will the round be covered if a certain Niall Mc Williams (MD OUFC) turns up at the 'bird, and I say you are Finlandia off YF and I claim my £10? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
 
#14
Logistics question. Is there a quick and easy way of getting from the Grenoble Road ground to the Academy by foot? Maps are a bit vague. Looks like left of the stadium past Fourthstand is the quickest as the crow flies. Thanks
 

bazzer9461

Well-known member
#15
Logistics question. Is there a quick and easy way of getting from the Grenoble Road ground to the Academy by foot? Maps are a bit vague. Looks like left of the stadium past Fourthstand is the quickest as the crow flies. Thanks
Walk down to the over flow car park and walk right out to the lane where you have a bridge that the right ( the train bridge ) walk under and walk straight up and go through the alleyway by the flats on your right and and walk up and behind the houses on theiryoye right and s the Oxford academy. Hope hat helps
 
#18
Are OxVox going to canvass members for their questions so that an OxVox rep can ask all the important questions on behalf of
Members?

Otherwise the time gets wasted with silly questions and it would be nice to know OxVox have a slot of allocated time before questions go out to the attendees
 

Colin B

Active member
#19
Are OxVox going to canvass members for their questions so that an OxVox rep can ask all the important questions on behalf of
Members?

Otherwise the time gets wasted with silly questions and it would be nice to know OxVox have a slot of allocated time before questions go out to the attendees
We already have a list of questions, many from members, and have been in touch with the club about them. They will get answered within the forum, and we will have representatives there if anything gets missed. Can't be there myself, as I'm on holiday, but it's all in hand. Should be some interesting stuff announced.
 
#20
We already have a list of questions, many from members, and have been in touch with the club about them. They will get answered within the forum, and we will have representatives there if anything gets missed. Can't be there myself, as I'm on holiday, but it's all in hand. Should be some interesting stuff announced.
Great stuff thanks for the reply Colin
 
Top Bottom