• Yes, ASAP

Votes: 63 38.0%
  • Yes, but after the season finishes

Votes: 91 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.2%

• Total voters

RyanioBirdio

Right - we’ve been promised one of these before the end of the season and we’re only about three weeks away from that point now.

The club has already announced an end of season awards bash (the size of the balls on them…) at the Town Hall that takes place in less than a fortnight, where pretty much all of the big wigs will be, so there’s no reason that a forum should be kicked into the long grass if the people we need to hear from are happy to drink champagne.

I’m not going to say too much, but if you would attend a forum or want to see one take place, I would strongly suggest that you vote in this poll. There is a very good reason for me making it.

Do not ignore it if you think that it’s important one takes place as promised - click the button and vote.

I’ve included the option for people to say yes but not until after the season ends, as I’m sure there will be people who think that having one while we’re still struggling to survive might not be helpful.

I'd be interested in the reasons should anyone vote 'No' to this, I can't see any reason whatsoever for there not being one at all.

I've said after the season ends as otherwise the questions will be about why Goodrham isn't starting or GO'D playing every minute. Also, this way we know which Lg we are in so not knowing which Lg we are in can't be used as an excuse as is possible if before the end. I'll add it should be ASAP after the end of the season though.

I have put 'After the season finishes' - because they ought to be bloody concentrating on the on pitch matters and I don't think 'speaking truth to power' at Williams etc will make any positive difference to that in time.

But 'After the season finishes' does NOT mean August - it means May, shortly after the last kick of the ball and at a time and place that is as convenient for as many people as possible (i.e. not in the back room of some pub on a working day afternoon). If we should by some miracle avoid the drop, that will not be any lessening of their culpability for what has gone on.

I`ve gone with ASAP purely because there are so many issues surrounding the club at the moment from commercial/marketing to the prolonged removal of KR, yet the management appear to have taken their eye off the ball somewhat.

Ive voted No. I'm one of those people who believe actions (or lack of) speak louder than words, and our illustrious leaders have demonstrated their absolute incapabilities in their roles.

I don't trust either Tim or Grant, there is nothing they could tell me at a Fans Forum that would leave me thinking they are going to do a good job for this football club. Plus they have shown they dislike criticism so would likely just get defensive anyway. That confidence is terminally broken.

"Oh, we've learnt our lesson, we are going for it next season and have put robust plans in place, now give us your increased season ticket money and shush" not for me.

The only Forum I would potentially be interested in would be one where we could ask Bakrie and Thohir how they are going to drive performance from The Chuckle Brothers.

Last edited:
I've gone for once the season has finished the last game is the 7th of may and I would expect a FF during the w/c the 8th ( the 8th is also a bank holiday) so why not that day at the training ground there are alot of questions that need answering

One of mine would be if we get relegated (obviously we will know one way or another) will TW and GF hand in their resignations

YES, ( ASAP too) ..... from a personal viewpoint my preference is most definitely NOT to hold a fans forum on a Matchday , purely because on a matchday ( going by previous Fans forums held on matchdays) the time is for obvious reasons limited to approx 60minutes in total. Wheras the one open Fans Forum under the current regime held at a hotel in Iffley lasted in the region of double the limited time that a matchday one would be allotted.

For some I do appreciate that not being held on a matchday makes it harder (logistically among other things) to attend in person, however as the previous, aforementioned FF this season was broadcast live, on zoom ( possibly on other platforms too?) the vast majority can take part or at least observe and listen to proceedings. IMO a live open fans Forum anytime soon is going to be rather heated, with some serious questions asked of pretty much all on the top table * and a bit spicey too, so the more time allotted the better.

* exceptions perhaps being Steve K ( Acadamy) and Liam G ( OUWFC / Yellow Roses)

I think that there is a strong argument for after the season ends in theory, but I’ve voted ASAP for two main reasons:

1) If you can hold a celebratory awards event in the Town Hall before the season ends, when you may well be toasting relegation, you can face a few customers. Especially when you said that you would.

2) I don’t trust them to not kick the can so far down the road that post-season ends up meaning the eve of a new one, therefore allowing them to totally shirk responsibility in favour of claiming that anybody criticising them is being negative or dwelling on the past.

Last edited:
I think the chances of them agreeing to a fans forum before the season ends is the thin end of nil.

Unless they cancel the thoroughly unmerited glad handing 'celebratory' awards and use that evening for the fans forum of course! ;)

I can't believe they are having a celebration evening what are they celebrating surely the men's first team shouldn't be invited

I would vote for both asap and after the season ends. The former to address the immediate issues and the latter to then reassure supporters that the new season will be fully supported by the board/owners and the squad recruitment will reflect a serious approach to getting promotion.

I think we are owed attendance from Bakrie and/or the other money men, as well as Ferguson, Williams and Manning. And as a consequence it is more likely that this will take place after the season has finished. It will also give them time to order microphones and speakers that actually work, as well as setting up proper links from Teams/Zoom for those unable to attend. And the fact that we need to give serious consideration to how people will actually be able to hear those in attendance shows how amateur things have become.

As much as I love Chris Williams it would also be better if we could have a more professional compere to manage the event without a cheeky little joke between every answer.

Let's hope that come May, we've survived the drop and have won the Kidlington residents poll to enable us to look at moving forward. But that doesn't mean that we haven't got plenty of things to get answers on to ensure that we don't make the same mistakes again that has got us where we are on and off the pitch.

I think we are owed attendance from Bakrie and/or the other money men, as well as Ferguson, Williams and Manning. And as a consequence it is more likely that this will take place after the season has finished. It will also give them time to order microphones and speakers that actually work, as well as setting up proper links from Teams/Zoom for those unable to attend. And the fact that we need to give serious consideration to how people will actually be able to hear those in attendance shows how amateur things have become.

I agree with all of that, particularly to enable attendance by a board member(s) to hear for themselves from the fans because I don't trust Tim Williams or Ferguson.

However I voted asap because it would be nice to see those 2 keep 1 of their commitments. Just 1.

Back
Top Bottom