Fans Forum on Good Friday

It certainly is ;) .... so it'll be me making the noise and the effort then ?;)
Make sure you complain about the club allowing KR to talk to fans on Radio Oxford in 25 minutes. Outrageous!

Getting to the stadium (via public transport) is easier later in the day. Especially if you live outside of the city.
Be leaving South Somerset at 6.15 AM good Friday to make the 9.15 AM I hour fans forum !!!

For those worried by Charlie’s view from reading that tiger likes to get involved in the dressing room. Does this sound like a manager that will have that.

When asked about his transfer wish list, Karl replied , Tiger "Likes some of them. And he'll learn to like the rest of them".

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst any direct contact with the Chairman and Manager is welcome,I wonder what,other than statements of intent,this one hour forum will actually achieve, at this vital stage of the season.
I would rather see some talking on the pitch, by way of positive results, sufficient to keep us in league one.

In my view,a forum should not be held until the start of next season.

Results will then define the subjects to be discussed and direction of travel.
Tiger may also have spent more time at the club and maybe spoken to Firoz.
By then we will also know our fate,we will have a much changed squad and both Tiger and KR will be able to speak from from a position of reality,rather than supposition.

Whilst any direct contact with the Chairman and Manager is welcome,I wonder what,other than statements of intent,this one hour forum will actually achieve, at this vital stage of the season.
I would rather see some talking on the pitch, by way of positive results, sufficient to keep us in league one.

By then we will also know our fate,we will have a much changed squad and both Tiger and KR will be able to speak from from a position of reality,rather than supposition.
How will that happen?

Irrespective of budget, or a fans forum, I cannot imagine anyone on here expects OUFC to field the same squad as this season.
So, you are actually referring to next season, after the summer. Wasn't clear from your post.

Yes, if what we heard this evening comes to fruition then the squad will indeed change, as it should. Quite a few will be gone and, if the money is there, then several new faces.

It is possible that there may be more than 1 fans forum!!

For those worried by Charlie’s view from reading that tiger likes to get involved in the dressing room. Does this sound like a manager that will have that.

When asked about his transfer wish list, Karl replied , Tiger "Likes some of them. And he'll learn to like the rest of them".
I am confused. "Charlie's Ghost" doesnt post anymore. I would appreciate if you can tell me Charlies new pseudonym. I thank you.

Good news that one is being held, even if the timing is less than ideal. I hope Tiger has prepared a bit more for this one. Plus I hope we find out a lot more about how the club is going to be financed now and in the future, and just what are the plans to bring long term success to the club.

After the initial car crash of a take over there are some positive signs in the last couple of weeks. We must however remain skeptical and questioning until the big questions like the finance have been adequately answered. Everything good so far could come crashing down if it is not backed by money in a way that does not bankrupt the club.

Its far too early to claim the new owner is good for the club until we get the big picture and a lot more answers (and Dave T that for me would apply to any owner).
I went to the FF in Aug @ Oxford City. The only keyboard warrior who asked a difficult question was Sage.

Exactly my point!!!!

Public transport is reduced to that of Sunday service on a bank holiday, so many interested fans will NOT be able to make the start time

And if our chairman is relying on public transport, whats the betting the forum start is delayed????
I would rather have the manager earning his wages, preparing the team than wasting time on a FF close to kick off. I know what football people think of fans and it isnt complimentary.

I don't think they would.

Surely you must agree that 9.15am is a bit of a stupid time for a meaningful fans forum? I live an hour away and plenty of others live that distance, or even more.
I disagree. I know its the earliest slot that works.

The last Fans Forum (held at CPF) was midweek and absolutely packed

the promised for December, 2nd fans forum of the season has been twice postponed

The first Fans Forum under DE, MA and MApp, held at the breeze block, on a midweek night
was absolutely rammed

As an aside, the recentish Oxvox open members meeting ( at the Masons arms, Quarry, Headington)
was also held midweek... so packed it was standing room only ( despite the then chairman
DE canceling his guest speaker invitation a day or so before it taking place)

hmmm @m somehow I think the evidence supporting the popularity with fans for midweek fans forums
sort of speaks for its self?

Conversely, when the stadium owner was OUFC chairman and he called shareholders AGMs at strange
'early' times on strange days, I can personally confirm they were the lowest attended Shareholders
AGMs that I can recall. Ever.

Of course, irrespective of time, date etc it is a near impossibility to please all the people all the time with
the holding of meetings. However, aiming to please most of the people must be a better option than
limiting a fans forum to a mere hour, with an obscenely early start on a public holiday, which pleases not many, with perhaps the exception of our, proven to be impeccably punctual timewise (hahaha), owner?
I would like to know if you prefer Tiger present or not. We know that he travels between Asia/Oxford around match days. We could have a FF with Mr McWilliams and KR but I wouldnt find that as "interesting".

Back
Top Bottom