Fans Forum on Good Friday

Oi! Now I like me a glass of Tiger as much as the next man (see attached from a event trip to Singapore), but try do actually serve a decent local brew from the Shotover brewery which is neither overpriced nor swill!
64ebb361a553324bf8ec48de67a25ea7.jpg
Local Ale for local people :sneaky:

Whatever time/day it was set for, people would have whinged.

I don't think they would.

Surely you must agree that 9.15am is a bit of a stupid time for a meaningful fans forum? I live an hour away and plenty of others live that distance, or even more.

Exactly my point!!!!

Public transport is reduced to that of Sunday service on a bank holiday, so many interested fans will NOT be able to make the start time

And if our chairman is relying on public transport, whats the betting the forum start is delayed????
Yet again the supporters are being given scraps, that may be good enough for Dave T, but for some of us we have no chance of getting to the ground for that time and then to spend time waiting around for the game to start. As Sarge states fans forums should be held on non match days with at least 4 weeks notice.

For someone not connected to charlie u don’t half sound like him.

It’s not good enough for me, it never has been. But neither is it as bad as people make out. More than likely somewhere in the middle.

And is it just me ? No of course it isn’t, but as usual those u like to moan shout loudest. Just look at post matchday threads. If we win 20 posts after the final whistle, if we lose, 200.

All the usual embarrassing moaning. You can see where I live and I could make it by car and public transport comfortably

What time do some of you lazy fuckers get up if you can’t make it to Grenoble road for 9.15 on a bank holiday Friday? Hardly going to be up with the milkman even if you live a hundred miles away, never knew we had so many dole mole fans.

If you really want to go that won’t put you off, you might even find you enjoy getting out of your pits before midday you dossers.

Yeah, I agree it's a bit of an unusual time. Just don't agree that it's something to get irate/worked up about.
'this' fans forum has been postponed twice already ( I believe football clubs have to, or are supposed to hold two per season) ...a stupidly early start on a public holiday, with limited public transport avail' will preclude many from getting there, especially as its been limited to a mere hour duration..... it IS reminicent of the stadium owner in his time as OUFC owner holding shareholders AGMs at ridiculous times, .... with that in mind it is I think a matter of concern, especially as OUFC fans travelling in from outside the county are in effect being excluded from asking questions. An hour is a very short time to hold a fans forum within.

If the ridiculousness of the start time isn't pointed out emphatically, the powers that be at OUFC may believe it is acceptable to treat OUFC supporters in a similarly inconsiderate manner in all sorts of ways for the entireity Tigers duration as Owner

What time do some of you lazy fuckers get up if you can’t make it to Grenoble road for 9.15 on a bank holiday Friday? Hardly going to be up with the milkman even if you live a hundred miles away, never knew we had so many dole mole fans.

If you really want to go that won’t put you off, you might even find you enjoy getting out of your pits before midday you dossers.
I'll be leaving South Somerset at 6.15 AM good Friday morning to get there for the 9.15AM Fans Forum.... I don't think the 1 hour allowed will even scrape the surface of questions needing answering

You can't please everyone all of the time. But for those who have valid burning questions, what an opportunity to go to the horses mouth on their concerns. No pesky OxVox or little gangs getting in the way, etc, etc.

I won't be going as I'll still be in bed asleep. :sleep:

'this' fans forum has been postponed twice already ( I believe football clubs have to, or are supposed to hold two per season) ...a stupidly early start on a public holiday, with limited public transport avail' will preclude many from getting there, especially as its been limited to a mere hour duration..... it IS reminicent of the stadium owner in his time as OUFC owner holding shareholders AGMs at ridiculous times, .... with that in mind it is I think a matter of concern, especially as OUFC fans travelling in from outside the county are in effect being excluded from asking questions. An hour is a very short time to hold a fans forum within.

If the ridiculousness of the start time isn't pointed out emphatically, the powers that be at OUFC may believe it is acceptable to treat OUFC supporters in a similarly inconsiderate manner in all sorts of ways for the entireity Tigers duration as Owner

Tbf, it maybe the only time Tiger can do it as quickly as this when he is in the country. It may not be the case but it would explain it if it was.

I hope this doesn't get used as an excuse to crucify anyone.
Given the stupidly early start for the fans forum ( meaning I need to set off at 6.15 AM) , can anyoneone put me up the night before? Ill bring my own nails :eek:

Tbf, it maybe the only time Tiger can do it as quickly as this when he is in the country. It may not be the case but it would explain it if it was.
Will he turn up on time? public transport on public holidays is even more rubbish than on normal working days ....Ive not forgotten that he turned up over an hour late for his own first press conference .... or for that matter his inability to grasp how time works in reality as opposed to Tiger world

If you live many hours drive/train away, surely a weekday evening is not a whole lot of fun either?

At least this way you don't have to make two trips.

If you live many hours drive/train away, surely a weekday evening is not a whole lot of fun either?

At least this way you don't have to make two trips.
work away (in UK and Europe) over weekends, hence cant make it to all games .... based in Oxford (Headington) generally on weekdays/ nights me :)

Personally I’d like two separate fans forum, a on the pitch and off the pitch.

Both important questions for differing reasons, but on the pitch will generally over shadow events that don’t concern many who just want to hear about the football, especially with a new manager who’s left there thinking what the hell is all this about when sarge starts with a question about toilets [emoji6]

Personally I’d like two separate fans forum, a on the pitch and off the pitch.

Both important questions for differing reasons, but on the pitch will generally over shadow events that don’t concern many who just want to hear about the football, especially with a new manager who’s left there thinking what the hell is all this about when sarge starts with a question about toilets [emoji6]

To be honest, I’m not sure that we need an ‘on the pitch’ fans forum at all. Such an event would inevitably descend into a furied discussion over individual player’s abilities and a lack of a 45 goal a season striker, which I don’t see as a positive in any way whatsoever, especially when we’ve got a new manager at the helm.

I would much rather the forum be attended by our two board members, Tiger and Darryl, so that important questions about plans for the future and financial matters can be asked without fear of spreading potential negativity to Robinson. Matters regarding on the pitch should be left to the BBC Radio phone in after matches and this forum, IMO.

Last edited:
Regrettably, I will be unable to attend this fans forum as I will be holidaying approximately 200 miles away and will not be returning until the day after the fans forum.
I suppose there are fans that will say that I should have come home a day early :(

Back
Top Bottom