Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

His mate Buckley-Ricketts has fallen out of the game completely. Signed for P’boro in 2018, made two tinpot appearances in 12 months (absolutely none in the league), and hasn’t had a club for a year. He was a starter in the England U19 team that won the Euros alongside Aaron Ramsdale, Ryan Sessegnon and Mason Mount. A truly incredible fall from grace
They were both dreadful for us. Obviously had ability, but Buckley-Rickets, in particular, couldn't have looked less interested. Lots of shoulder shrugging from what I remember.

His mate Buckley-Ricketts has fallen out of the game completely. Signed for P’boro in 2018, made two tinpot appearances in 12 months (absolutely none in the league), and hasn’t had a club for a year. He was a starter in the England U19 team that won the Euros alongside Aaron Ramsdale, Ryan Sessegnon and Mason Mount. A truly incredible fall from grace

Reminder of what Steve Evans had to say about him:

"He has had a brief loan spell out at Oxford but it is fair to say that Manchester City and Peterborough United probably have ideas to play the boy in a similar way compared to what was a little bit foreign to him when he played at Oxford and that isn’t a criticism, it is just systems of play."

That guy just always has to feel like he's the special key to everything. Unlocking talents and signing players for Gillingham from under the noses of Madrid, PSG, etc.

Buckley -Ricketts was awful for us. In a relegation threatened team he didnt appear to be bothered, a stark contrast to Todd Kane who also came on loan and always gave his all ( refusing to come off when clearly injured in one game)
Pep is one of the PL managers who claim that the U23 game doesnt prepare young players for first team football and you could see what he meant looking at Buckley- Ricketts

Buckley-Ricketts always looked like he thought he'd been hard done to in having to play at any level other than the very top of the game, and since he had to he just couldn't understand why he wasn't the captain, game changer, fan favourite and match winner all rolled into one. As Foley has said, he didn't exactly exude enthusiasm and team-spirit!

I think supporters will forgive players all sorts of mistakes (both on and off the pitch) but one thing we can't stand is a bloke who is quite obviously not trying very hard. That applies to players on the other side as well: after his appearance against us in the Cup I have never had any time at all for Jonjoe Shelvey.

Fiacre K ' ( I'll spell his name wrong if I try too type it).... CB who signed in 2018 but never played for OUFC , is now unemployed following Macclesfield towns relegation at the expense of Stevenages survival .... would be avail' on a free , possible back up CB? or not?.... was identified by our scouting team as worth signing 2 years ago, captained Macc town.

Good reviews despite being in an awful side, POTY last couple of seasons too, and might have learnt a thing or two from Campbell as well.
I'd say worth looking at on trial for a couple of games...

Good reviews despite being in an awful side, POTY last couple of seasons too, and might have learnt a thing or two from Campbell as well.

I'm sure he's not sure of offers with his credentials. Will probably be a first choice CB for a promotion chasing L2 side / lower half L1 side. Highly doubt he'd come back to be a squad player in a side that didn't give him a chance the first time round. Also a bit weird to 'trial' a player that we've had plenty of chances to look at what he's like in training.

he'd cost nowt in a fee too ... I agree @mooro , worth at least a couple of looks

I'm sure he's not sure of offers with his credentials. Will probably be a first choice CB for a promotion chasing L2 side / lower half L1 side. Highly doubt he'd come back to be a squad player in a side that didn't give him a chance the first time round. Also a bit weird to 'trial' a player that we've had plenty of chances to look at what he's like in training.
wasn't he out on loan the majority of his time on our books? ...I may be getting him confused with another 'prospect' signed but farmed out at around the same time though?

wasn't he out on loan the majority of his time on our books? ...I may be getting him confused with another 'prospect' signed but farmed out at around the same time though?
I think we just loaned him'straight to the Macc from the off

I think we just loaned him'straight to the Macc from the off
He was signed on a two year contract in 2017 and then went straight to Solihull Moors for a season, and then to Macclesfield for the season after.

Fiacre K ' ( I'll spell his name wrong if I try too type it).... CB who signed in 2018 but never played for OUFC , is now unemployed following Macclesfield towns relegation at the expense of Stevenages survival .... would be avail' on a free , possible back up CB? or not?.... was identified by our scouting team as worth signing 2 years ago, captained Macc town.

How are Lincoln fixed for CB's? Maybe MApp might take a look at him again. Was his signing after all!!

How are Lincoln fixed for CB's? Maybe MApp might take a look at him again. Was his signing after all!!
They signed Adam Jackson from Hibs (was part of Barnsley promotion the season before), and Joe Walsh after his release from MK Dons.

They still probably need to do a lot of rebuilding, wouldn't be surprised if they do pick Fiacre up, but it's strikers they're really needing to bring in right now.

Kelleher was announced right on the back of Appleton’s departure, either same day or the day after, and was by all accounts a ‘club’ signing. Appleton had been waiting by the exit for a good week or so while formalities were ironed out by the time he left. The last player anyone could say was an ‘Appleton attempt’ at a signing was Liam Lindsay.

That Kelleher was brought in and immediately loaned out to Slippery’s next club, who he was already making moves on that summer, was more than a little suspect. Especially because we actually ended up paying compensation for him down the line while Solihull got a free player for a year.

They signed Adam Jackson from Hibs (was part of Barnsley promotion the season before), and Joe Walsh after his release from MK Dons.

They still probably need to do a lot of rebuilding, wouldn't be surprised if they do pick Fiacre up, but it's strikers they're really needing to bring in right now.
Last I heard he was trying to get in the highly rated WBA youngster Callum Morton and GK Alex Palmer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom