Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

His mate Buckley-Ricketts has fallen out of the game completely. Signed for P’boro in 2018, made two tinpot appearances in 12 months (absolutely none in the league), and hasn’t had a club for a year. He was a starter in the England U19 team that won the Euros alongside Aaron Ramsdale, Ryan Sessegnon and Mason Mount. A truly incredible fall from grace

I always remember arriving at a home game about 20 mins before kick off & seeing the 2 Man City lads stepping out of a top of the range Merc in the car park, laughing & joking. Everything you’d expect your stereotypical Premier League big time Charlie’s to be. This was at the time that KR decided they weren’t the players for a relegation scrap.
Another case of youngsters from a big club being led to believe their own hype when in reality they’ll struggle to make a career at even the lowest end of the football league.

I always remember when he got recalled to MK from us, GB was devastated (as were many of us!!). A really good Professional, comes across as a decent lad.. and gorgeous!.

from The Athletic, discussing reasons a player might sign for one club or another.
" More money doesn’t always mean the player getting richer. Lee Johnson, the former Bristol City manager, talked last season about “family fees” becoming part of the ever-increasing list of payments that are made in transfers these days. "

I wonder who he might be thinking of?

Back
Top Bottom