Not replacing head scout
Losing Appleton
Not making sufficient funds available
Pulling out of deal with Sartori
Not realising the importance of owning stadium
Getting on wrong side of FK without realising the consequences
Lack of communication
Poor communication
I could go on but it get's boring after a while.
Look, I know that there are some who have put him up on a pedastal and yes, he played a key role in getting OUFC back to a successful couple of seasons but, he didn't do it alone and a lot of those who helped have, for the most part, moved on.

I always assumed fans were just people who like the club whereas supporters were people who attend matches and buy merchandise.

Sounds Promising and nice to see Faz & Chrissy in technical area at last match, not seen them out much lately, hopefully things are changing for the better.

I always assumed fans were just people who like the club whereas supporters were people who attend matches and buy merchandise.
Id say Fans , abriviation for Fantics, are those who attend almost all games, wheras supporters are those who buy replica shirts and other memorabelia , and look for for the result of thier team (more so when their team is on a run of good results, and then brag about any victories on social media without any need to go and physically watch a game in person ....... which is why certain Premiership sides have supporters, say in Essex, when the actual club is based, say. in the north west, for example?:unsure:

Supporters support generally being in revenue for several different replica shirts and a subscription to sky sport

Losing key staff
Losing Mark Ashton
Not replacing head scout
Losing Appleton
Lack of communication
Poor communication
Look, I know that there are some who have put him up on a pedastal and yes, he played a key role in getting OUFC back to a successful couple of seasons but, he didn't do it alone and a lot of those who helped have, for the most part, moved on.
Typical comment from SUU Seats. Grumpy old men.

Losing key staff
Losing Mark Ashton
Not replacing head scout
Losing Appleton
Lack of communication
Poor communication
MMM

I am sure that you could come up with an awful more positives in the past 3-4 years if you wanted to ...

Guess we can say that its a case of 'so far, so good' with this transfer window. 2 promising young players in without the need for last minute panics. Brannagan looks like a good replacement for either Lego or Ruffels if they were to leave, and if we believe rumours Freddie Woodman would not be the worst replacement for Clint (although I'd rather keep them all if we can!)
Still needing pace in the team but time will tell if we are able to add to the squad in the next 3 weeks.

But, for now, credit where its due, DE appears to be backing his word with actions and long may it continue!

Guess we can say that its a case of 'so far, so good' with this transfer window. 2 promising young players in without the need for last minute panics. Brannagan looks like a good replacement for either Lego or Ruffels if they were to leave, and if we believe rumours Freddie Woodman would not be the worst replacement for Clint (although I'd rather keep them all if we can!)
Still needing pace in the team but time will tell if we are able to add to the squad in the next 3 weeks.

But, for now, credit where its due, DE appears to be backing his word with actions and long may it continue!

One last shot I guess.

Hello. The last 10 days are certainly a tonic after the year of neglect and lies and may be cause for acclaim - let's see if we can bring in an attacker, even a winger for that pace and width. If that happens then good on old Slippery.

The question will remain of why 'it was too expensive to follow the model in August' and it's not now, although you cultists will moan about that.

Lets wait n see if any of our players (Ratman n Lego for example ...among others ) leave in this Jan' window ...and how the coach reacts if that happens?
yep, what looks like 2 decent signings so far,and at the moment look very much in contrast to most pre -season acquisitions.... as others have already said, so far so good
After the window closes, our Chairman may revert back to as he has been previously, as in being communicative and approachable too?

Hello. The last 10 days are certainly a tonic after the year of neglect and lies and may be cause for acclaim - let's see if we can bring in an attacker, even a winger for that pace and width. If that happens then good on old Slippery.

The question will remain of why 'it was too expensive to follow the model in August' and it's not now, although you cultists will moan about that.

Without knowing what deals were on the cards it difficult to compare value. Brannagan is apparently costing £200k which is a reasonable gamble and offers the chance for a decent return. If the fee in the summer was £500k then that may have been seen as a much bigger risk and a repeat of Kane Hemming.

Of course I have no idea what happened and it could have all been DE horse sh*t, who knows?!

In life we all learn from the outcomes of our decisions. When managers go through difficult periods it's tempting to decide they are no good, but another outcome is they learn big time. Take Wilder - how much of his recent success is due to what he learnt from his spell at Oxford? You can question all you want about last summer's transfers but it was done with the best of intentions I imagine, and the important thing is that lessons have been learned.

Back
Top Bottom