So obvious Eales is on an NDA

Sith Lord

This smacks of a non disclosure agreement.

How can a guy go from buying pints and hotdogs and stands with the faithful to just disappear?

1) He has not really come out for months to rally cry the troops, near media blackout and runs before the final whistle sometimes.
2) The club sacks PEP not Eales, every manager dismissal around us got their chairman coming out to make a statement, ours?? no it comes from "The Board"
3) What chairman leaves the second in command and gives him the nod to strengthen, which goes against all the cost cutting he has been doing for quite a while.

Who owns the majority in this club or should I say who is going to own the majority???

perhaps because his efforts are not appreciated from some quarters? when things go wrong it's always down to him yet when a manager/coach is shown the door after some inept performances and poor results it was nothing to do with him the decision was made by A N Other
He said there would be money available in this window, he has overseen that and maybe just maybe like so many other businessmen he attending to other business too or maybe even taking a holiday.

Some people want to believe there is a takeover and because of social media appear to want to be kept notified of every detail..Perhaps if and when there is something concrete to reveal then there will be an announcement.

There are problems within the club that is clear but when he interacts with fans at matches some take the pis* and it strikes me that in this modern football world he is wrong whatever he does.

perhaps because his efforts are not appreciated from some quarters? when things go wrong it's always down to him yet when a manager/coach is shown the door after some inept performances and poor results it was nothing to do with him the decision was made by A N Other
He said there would be money available in this window, he has overseen that and maybe just maybe like so many other businessmen he attending to other business too or maybe even taking a holiday.

Some people want to believe there is a takeover and because of social media appear to want to be kept notified of every detail..Perhaps if and when there is something concrete to reveal then there will be an announcement.

There are problems within the club that is clear but when he interacts with fans at matches some take the pis* and it strikes me that in this modern football world he is wrong whatever he does.

You will get unhappy people even if we won promotion, that is human nature and personalities that's life..

All I am pointing out is that he set himself up as the man of the people which was a breathe of fresh air compared to what we were used to, plenty of chat people knew what was going on at the club and the direction. So when you have the situation we have now, not a pause in comms this is a complete turnaround, what would you like the fan base do but to ask why..

He's the captain of the ship, and the ship has hit the rocks, there is discord in the squad (plainly obvious) the fans are turning to the point of toxic. He set us up on a journey and now people are getting twitchy and Kassam's "I will take you on a journey" is still fresh in my mind is it in yours?

Last edited:

I know what you saying, but why outlay a large sum of money to buy a football club if your the sensitive sort who cant stand criticism? Football has, and always will, have vocal followers who will question every move an owner makes. If that owner is seen as an "out of towner" who has stated on multiple occasions that he supports another team, and actually tried on two occasions to purchase said club, then those skeptical fans will never have theirs minds changed.

As for taking a holiday, or looking after his other businesses, yeah maybe however that surely smacks of ineptitude if the case. You don't leave a business in a vital time. In football the winter transfer window is a major, major event for clubs. To be away for that is pretty shocking.

I'm not anti Eales at all. I think he's done some pretty bad things for the club, GBT's appointment, falling out with Kassam, the handling of the training ground, the falling out with Ashton which saw him leave. However he supposedly had a big role in convincing Appleton to stay when Ashton left and has funded our rise to League One. These things should never be forgotten.

He probably gets more criticism than he feels he deserves, but truth be told there is a lot for the chairman to answer at the moment. In a time when the club genuinely needs some sort of guiding hand he seems to have distanced himself. That should be a worry for everyone, whether you think he's doing a good job or not.

my memory ma be playing tricks but was there not some get together shortly after port vale when people came away pleased with what they had heard and happy with Eales?

When was the last time the club called a press conference? For anything. Used to be quite common, last I can think is waiting for one to start on my way off on holiday when Darryl and Ashton were introduced with mapp. Now everything seems to be done with just a press release on the website. Far more exciting the other way.

Unless we announce someone like Frank Lampard as manager who do you think would turn up to a press conference? The only interested parties the actually employ journalists are Oxford Mail and Radio Oxford, and they are at the club a couple of times a week anyway.

It’s still a press conference. It builds excitement , u get to see the new man presented to the fans.

I would far rather wake up to news that there is a press conference at 12. Than just a story on the website saying we have appointed xxxxxx

The old-school way to unveil a manager...

View attachment 158

Lovely pinning of the scarf to a wooden table there.

If there is indeed an NDA, the clues were there right from the start with all the talk of DNA. Eales was giving us all the message years ago - we were just too blind to see his clear anagram.

If there is indeed an NDA, the clues were there right from the start with all the talk of DNA. Eales was giving us all the message years ago - we were just too blind to see his clear anagram.

I think the thread title was misspelled and should have read "So obvious Eales is on MDMA". Clearly Darryl is off his tits in a nightclub in Ayia Napa somewhere.

I think the thread title was misspelled and should have read "So obvious Eales is on MDMA". Clearly Darryl is off his tits in a nightclub in Ayia Napa somewhere.

Perhaps that’s why Pep’s gone. Their little scouting trip earlier this month to Amsterdam got a little out of hand. Bam - he’s gone.

Back
Top Bottom