Chairman Eales programme notes

• Thread starter Deleted member 222
  • Start date
Hello. The last 10 days are certainly a tonic after the year of neglect and lies and may be cause for acclaim - let's see if we can bring in an attacker, even a winger for that pace and width. If that happens then good on old Slippery.

The question will remain of why 'it was too expensive to follow the model in August' and it's not now, although you cultists will moan about that.
So you don't think it was the Manager's choice? All but a couple of the players signed had either played for or had been coached by Pep Clotet.

It was probably a joint decision to maybe look abroad but these signings certainly were not pinpointed by the recruitment team.

It has been rumoured that Pep ignored the advice of the recruitment team who had a list of home-grown talent.

So you don't think it was the Manager's choice? All but a couple of the players signed had either played for or had been coached by Pep Clotet.

It was probably a joint decision to maybe look abroad but these signings certainly were not pinpointed by the recruitment team.

Fair point. If I were Slippery and I'd spent an allegedly large amount on putting a recruitment system in place that had been proven to work I'd have made bloody sure that the manager used the system. So why did Slippery let Pepsi drag in a host of knackered old journeymen from the fringes of the known world? Perhaps:
a. He trusted Pep. Hopefully that's all over, it was a bloody expensive way to prove a point
b. He decided to abandon the recruitment policy - it looks now that perhaps he hasn't, but it was a valid opinion at the time
c. Perhaps he ran out of cash and has rectified that situation now
d. Perhaps he was telling the truth. :giggle:

Fair point. If I were Slippery and I'd spent an allegedly large amount on putting a recruitment system in place that had been proven to work I'd have made bloody sure that the manager used the system. So why did Slippery let Pepsi drag in a host of knackered old journeymen from the fringes of the known world? Perhaps:
a. He trusted Pep. Hopefully that's all over, it was a bloody expensive way to prove a point
b. He decided to abandon the recruitment policy - it looks now that perhaps he hasn't, but it was a valid opinion at the time
c. Perhaps he ran out of cash and has rectified that situation now
d. Perhaps he was telling the truth. :giggle:
Indeed. I think a), but time will tell I suppose. We did need some more experience but FFS!, last summers signings were in the main pants. :)

Back
Top Bottom