Eales

I'd be very surprised if there was a rule requiring 4 stands.

Depends on Capacity and since the Kassam can hold 12,500 then yeah you'd need a fourth stand to meet safe seating guidelines if you went up. Even if it's just a temporary one

Depends on Capacity and since the Kassam can hold 12,500 then yeah you'd need a fourth stand to meet safe seating guidelines if you went up. Even if it's just a temporary one

When did they introduce a minimum capacity for the Championship?

Burton would never have been able to match it if they'd remained in the Championship. Likewise Bournemouth's capacity isn't much different to ours. Our stadium is an all seater stadium by the way.

When did they introduce a minimum capacity for the Championship?

Burton would never have been able to match it if they'd remained in the Championship. Likewise Bournemouth's capacity isn't much different to ours. Our stadium is an all seater stadium by the way.

there is a minimum for league clubs 5000 capacity with 2000 required seats. It can be any configuration The Championship requires a safety certification to do with segregation and fan safety. The Pirelli and Dean court both have four stands. For the first year in the championship you have until April 30th to erect a stand. That's easy as a temporary one can be built pre-season. It needs to be permanant by the 4th season

there is a minimum for league clubs 5000 capacity with 2000 required seats. It can be any configuration The Championship requires a safety certification to do with segregation and fan safety. The Pirelli and Dean court both have four stands. For the first year in the championship you have until April 30th to erect a stand. That's easy as a temporary one can be built pre-season. It needs to be permanant by the 4th season
Oh really? Each of the 92 EFL & EPL stadiums require a safety certificate, the standards are dictated by various UK legislation and enforced by a UK government body SGSA (Sports Grounds Safety Authority). The Championship, EFL or EPL cannot dictate safety requirements, this is down to government and is the same for all 92 clubs.

Well I've read the membership criteria for EFL clubs stadiums and for the life of me I can't find any mention of a requirement for 4 stands:
https://www.efl.com/-more/governanc...ppendix-1---membership-criteria-regulation-8/
It seems to me that as long as the boundary at the fence end (ie the fence) is 2.2m high, we comply.

It's all pretty academic though because if we ever get to the championship, a 4th stand would pay for itself. One year in the premier would pay for the stadium, more stands than we had at The Manor and still leave £90m+ to blow!

If a fourth stand ever became a necessity I'm sure we would end up paying FK for the benefit of funding it ourselves and using it.

Back
Top Bottom