Chairman Done Deal - New owner is Tiger

This is nonsense, don’t get your hopes up. What concrete facts can you take from the generalised verbiage contained within the OM release?

Too sell any assets he has to buy them first! He's going to buy the stadium and land from Firoz i reckon.

Anyone who thinks OGB will sell anything at a price that means anyone else has a snowball's chance of making any further money on it hasn't been concentrating for the last 18 years or so....

Which is why is good news that de remains a director and significant stakeholder no? U would have to be pretty silly to sell it to someone who’s going to shaft ur remaining investment.

Do you honestly think DE will have a big say from his "minority" stake now?
Give it a little while and he will slip away. He has his money back...

As others have said, asset stripping is something we no longer have to fear thanks to Uncle Firoz and Nick Merry. Also, talk of making money from something Kassam currently owns (land and stadium) is extremely difficult.

So how can someone now make money at OUFC?

Well DE has (presumably) managed it, and he did it by turning a L2 club into a L1 club.

Tiger said in his statement that his ambitions exceed ours. That can surely only mean one thing, which is to try to turn us into a Premiership club.

I'm not saying that's easy or even possible, but it's the only explanation. It also explains why Eales would want to remain a minority shareholder.

Does Tiger have access to such funds? I recall from Myles analysis that he does not personally have such funds.

As others have said, asset stripping is something we no longer have to fear thanks to Uncle Firoz and Nick Merry. Also, talk of making money from something Kassam currently owns (land and stadium) is extremely difficult.

So how can someone now make money at OUFC?

Well DE has (presumably) managed it, and he did it by turning a L2 club into a L1 club.

Tiger said in his statement that his ambitions exceed ours. That can surely only mean one thing, which is to try to turn us into a Premiership club.

I'm not saying that's easy or even possible, but it's the only explanation. It also explains why Eales would want to remain a minority shareholder.

Does Tiger have access to such funds? I recall from Myles analysis that he does not personally have such funds.

Or just the Championship, Eales said without further investment he can't take us there.

I would love to know why he rejected Satori, but has sold to Tiger. Perhaps change in circumstances, or Satori was offering him too less.

Or just the Championship, Eales said without further investment he can't take us there.

I would love to know why he rejected Satori, but has sold to Tiger. Perhaps change in circumstances, or Satori was offering him too less.
Eales said he could take us there, but couldn't fund us IN the Championship IIRC.

Tiger must know we as fans have ambitions to reach the Championship. He says his ambitions exceed ours.

While the deal is not a surprise (and finally done), I'm definitely in the need more information camp before getting vaguely excited. I know enough Reading fans to know the arms may not reach the perceived pocket depth. Let's see if there is a money man involved...

Most fans believe our fortunes are directly linked to stadium ownership.

If your plan as majority shareholder was to get into the Prem and then sell up, would you need to worry about the stadium? Is there any reason why Tiger must own the stadium, or provide a new stadium?

Are we the only ones who obsess over the stadium and land?

Most fans believe our fortunes are directly linked to stadium ownership.

If your plan as majority shareholder was to get into the Prem and then sell up, would you need to worry about the stadium? Is there any reason why Tiger must own the stadium, or provide a new stadium?

Are we the only ones who obsess over the stadium and land?

Exactly that. He could meet his ambitions just by agreeing a beneficial new lease. Which Oxvox and sartori have both discussed with Kassam. We get full running of the stadium. And importantly stadium stay in separate hands and relieves the worries about asset stripping

Which is why is good news that de remains a director and significant stakeholder no? U would have to be pretty silly to sell it to someone who’s going to shaft ur remaining investment.
Yes. But it's too early to judge what 'significant' actually means.

Back
Top Bottom