What can be done to market the club better?

An example of MK Dons activity in the Buckingham area in a magazine delivered in that area. Free tickets for 3 under 12’s as well as a competition to go in a draw for free tickets. They’re always active in this area and have held fans forums at local footie clubs and free coach travel to games.
P983E660E-1856-43DF-A59B-FD5F4A1B07B3.jpeg

An example of MK Dons activity in the Buckingham area in a magazine delivered in that area. Free tickets for 3 under 12’s as well as a competition to go in a draw for free tickets. They’re always active in this area and have held fans forums at local footie clubs and free coach travel to games.
PView attachment 2441
I think that they almost give away STs too.
MK are probably not a great example?
No history and very few 'real' supporters so they have to do these giveaways.
At Oxford hopefully the family stand will be full of 1000 people in the next 3 games without giving the tickets away?

I think that they almost give away STs too.
MK are probably not a great example?
No history and very few 'real' supporters so they have to do these giveaways.
At Oxford hopefully the family stand will be full of 1000 people in the next 3 games without giving the tickets away?
Agreed Foley, it’s just an example to show some targeted marketing in surrounding areas. Not suggesting we do freebies but some of their stuff does increase awareness in the outlying areas for them which is always good (for them).

PView attachment 2441

One adult and 3 kids could be expected to spend £20+ on food and drink which have z decent mark up and bring revenue into the club to offset the free tickets. But we don't get a penny from this additional spending, so random free tickets are not such a good idea, and our current family deals are already pretty good.

There is the opportunity to offer targeted discounts where there is a greater chance of repeat business, and the Shrewsbury game is one where we could maybe offer a number of free tickets to BMW or other large employers as a way of driving up interest in the Wycombe and Lincoln games.

But with everything being done on and off the pitch, I strongly believe that the club deserves our support with attendance and financially backing.

FAO fellow club shop window watcher PB.

After another great footballing Saturday in Essex I had a lunch appointment today in Oxford city centre.

I was due to eat with friends at 1.30 but was foolishly late as I for some bloody inane reason traipsed again over to the darkened club shop in the covered market. There it was again in full closed glory (for the record I do know the store is shut on a Sunday) with f*ck all again on the windows promoting our forthcoming fixtures. I was stood there again with my head wobbling. My colleague who has had this out (promoting the next 3 to 4 fixtures on the windows) with club senior personnel time and again was given assurance that this was an easy gimmee and it will be addressed. From the look on the saddened store the only thing being dressed was the brylcreem standing on the barbers shelf next door! How bloody hard is it to do a poster and stick it on the window...

At lunch when I finally got there I said my apologies and couldn't hold back unwisely from saying as to why I was late. As nobody eating was too duly interested in football (w*nkers) I was sure after saying about the club shop they were looking at each other in pity as I went into one.

One club one nation mentality I am...

Coyy's

Black Friday - Cyber Monday 'deals' imminent on selected club shop items

ST holders & Members ( and probably everyone on the OUFC database) keep an eye on your email inbox over the next few days....

Black Friday is coming...​

Z6IrScAOiTp6Lcc48UYHD1-a14lZL-K9X4G4NmRbkuIPBkDl-IHBQhS1nLHe2Atw4BIhZ0ngh5WzKuHjuIIDRT4=s0-d-e1-ft
3oqDjU7PobfsxgVm2Ti1gvR4lAEezK1ifdYUCcuvgcYI12DC7FJhoJT7l9HByvFSjAuMxSE_Kh_dX0Q9HQx79NEthE9gAIjaLB7FfQPxFw=s0-d-e1-ft

Black Friday - Cyber Monday 'deals' imminent on selected club shop items

ST holders & Members ( and probably everyone on the OUFC database) keep an eye on your email inbox over the next few days....

I guess there will be a need to log on to your account to take advantage of certain offers? Sounds good though, was literally about to order a hoodie, training top and 2 snowman mascots for the kids, so hoping for a few quid off (although I'll probably end up buying more anyway!!)

Christmas was so much cheaper when we were crap!!! ???

Black Friday? Americanised, consumerist shite!

Save the planet? Look after the environment? Nope............ buy shite because its "cheap".
There was an article on the radio this morning. Last year (obviously this years hasn't happened yet) only one in 20 'deals' were at a better price than you could have either bought the item elsewhere and many had been cheaper than the 'deal price' in the last six months AT THE SAME RETAILER! I suspect that many of the one in 20 that were cheap were actually bought in especially for the sale and were the aforementioned cheap shite anyway!
The only way to approach it is to know what you want, have been checking the price of it for the last few months and only buy if it is actually cheaper and is what you wanted in the first place. Don't be tempted by random 'bargains'.

Back
Top Bottom