Chairman Done Deal - New owner is Tiger

Not sure how I feel to be honest, I would say let's deal with facts and facts alone. Not get carried away with grand statements, to be honest if we are still paying rent in couple of years time to the scumbag then I really cannot see how much will really change.

Really is good news about the training ground being sorted. Dan expressed at the Oxvox meeting just how important that was to the club and the academy. Wonder if it will be the Council site or harcourt hill

The training ground news is interesting. Statement mentions investment by the club.

BMW are spending £5m. Should be a great facility.

Edit: of course could be a training facility at Harcourt Hill.

Is he a front man or is he using his own money? Hard to have any strong opinions until you know a bit more about the deal/what’s going on. But I am willing to give him a chance, every deal/appointment/signing etc comes with risk, no point moaning/panicking about them till the s**t gets nearer the fan as what you can you do but hope for the best?

Bellamy to be announced tomorrow? This must be linked to his virtually being given the job in the press in the last couple of days.

Can someone sort a song out for our new chairman with his proper name
Sumrith Thanakarnjansuth.......Best of luck ?

What must be the case is that Tiger has been involved in the new manager situation for a while. So presumably Bellamy is the choice of Tiger.

I assume also that Bellamy is well aware of the takeover. On the basis that DE always suggested that he needed an investor with m ore funds than he had, you have to hope that Bellamy has been promised funds for next season...

It will be interesting to see what the view is on the ground, THE critical issue for the long term future of the club

I reckon he’s going to be amazing!! He must be if DE turned down Sartori and was willing to watch us drop down the league as our inept manager recruited a bunch of crocked OAPs before he agreed this deal.

Interesting statements, both from the club and OxVox which simply raise more questions. than they answer.

What shareholding is Darryl retaining?

Debt is being reduced from what to what? Debt owed to whom?

What "high level connections" does Tiger have with the EFL? Is this a reference to his involvement with (Inter)Carabao?

What's actually happening with the training ground situation?

etc etc

And then, OxVox have been holding meetings with Tiger but still "look forward to hearing Tiger's plans". Sorry, what? Was that question not asked?! If not, what was the purpose of those meetings? And if so, why still looking forward to hear those plans?

There's a lot of flesh which needs putting on these bones.

Ha ha love it. The rollercoaster begins. Whatever happens it’s going to be fun. And we’ll be alright whatever happens, we’ve survived maxwell, winding ups and relegation to oblivion already. ?

Interesting statements, both from the club and OxVox which simply raise more questions. than they answer.

What shareholding is Darryl retaining?

Debt is being reduced from what to what? Debt owed to whom?

What "high level connections" does Tiger have with the EFL? Is this a reference to his involvement with (Inter)Carabao?

What's actually happening with the training ground situation?

etc etc

And then, OxVox have been holding meetings with Tiger but still "look forward to hearing Tiger's plans". Sorry, what? Was that question not asked?! If not, what was the purpose of those meetings? And if so, why still looking forward to hear those plans?

There's a lot of flesh which needs putting on these bones.

Thanks to DE. You gave it a good shot. A very strong start and then it all became a bit of a strain financially.

I can’t criticise a guy for not spending more and I won’t criticise him for this deal.

However, the role of OxVox in this is questionable indeed.

Why was the supposedly independent supporters’ group keeping its gob shut? Surely not to ensure that media and other fans did not ask difficult questions about a guy whose rep from Reading is tricky to say the least?

The role of such a group
Is to Make darn sure difficult questions are asked and pressure is applied to get answers.

I find it extremely disturbing that they don’t know what his plans are despite holding meetings.

DE, as is his wont, got OxVox to work for him. Shame OxVox forgot who they work for

Thanakarnjansuth

a natural fit for the greatest band that ever lived

So I say
Thanakarnjansuth, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the players you're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song and 3 points what are we?
So I say Thanakarnjansuth
We're going to Wemberleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

When Tiger met Firoz

Can a dodgy property developer club/owner and a dodgy property developer ground owner ever be friends or does the football thing always get in the way?

Back
Top Bottom