What can be done to market the club better?

Could a load of videos be put on YouTube? Snippets of this season's quality play and the History of the Club. How much archive do OUFC have? Or Fans?

Look at Video from 'max on tour' not a bad review from Saturday's match and thought the Stadium was pretty good! Let's get out of this relentless carping about the stadium it is better than a lot of stadiums in the EFL. More parking than most stadiums. Why would new fans come to the stadium when we tell them it is terrible! Generally good atmospheres only coincide with a run of good results. For fans that moan about time getting out of carpark, park near stadium then hop on a bus! Rant over

Look at Video from 'max on tour' not a bad review from Saturday's match and thought the Stadium was pretty good! Let's get out of this relentless carping about the stadium it is better than a lot of stadiums in the EFL. More parking than most stadiums. Why would new fans come to the stadium when we tell them it is terrible! Generally good atmospheres only coincide with a run of good results. For fans that moan about time getting out of carpark, park near stadium then hop on a bus! Rant over
Agree. If you talk endlessly about the soul less stadium, about Gobbo being a bad manager, you create a perception. It is not all perfect, but it's not as bad as some fans make it come across as.

It was soul less in the dark days of the Conference with 30 fans coming from the likes of Histon and pretty dire football

Just been into the city centre shop and asked for a Bronx Beanie. "Haven't got any should have some in a couple of days" Had a glance round and asked no matches advertised here then? Lad " what man city" me "any game" I think he said after glancing round "my thing hasn't got here yet"
My wife who has accompanied me a couple of times when I have failed to get what I wanted commented to me outside "that's the most useless retail experience in Oxford"
The club is so missing out, and someone needs to get it's act together if Karl is going to get a new generation in yellow merchandise.

Just been into the city centre shop and asked for a Bronx Beanie. "Haven't got any should have some in a couple of days" Had a glance round and asked no matches advertised here then? Lad " what man city" me "any game" I think he said after glancing round "my thing hasn't got here yet"
My wife who has accompanied me a couple of times when I have failed to get what I wanted commented to me outside "that's the most useless retail experience in Oxford"
The club is so missing out, and someone needs to get it's act together if Karl is going to get a new generation in yellow merchandise.
Hopefully you have given the club your feedback?

Hopefully you have given the club your feedback?
I have only just come out of there, but I did take the time to send a question for tonight's fans forum. I will try and get some sense out of the retail guy but my experience last time was not great

I know it's not that big, but it would not take much to utilise the area to have more varied items in the city shop.

Has hardly any choice!

What the fcuk is a Bronx beanie?

that’s what i was thinking but guess it’s a woolly hat of some sort?
Yep look at the shop website, pleased your all keeping up. I can't help what they named it I just wanted to keep my balding head warm with an OUFC badged wolley hat

Free tickets to local schools, and those not so local, Aylesbury, Banbury, maybe?
I asked that question, which was put to Zaki on the 5 minute fans forum. I looks like the club have plans to look into how to get more fans in.

I asked that question, which was put to Zaki on the 5 minute fans forum. I looks like the club have plans to look into how to get more fans in.

It should be going on atm. Its a no brainer. Just outside the obvious locality. For example, Charlton often offer tickets to schools in areas like East Grinstead, just bordering on Brightons catchment area. As a result it was, Charlton that got to run after school clubs in the area beating BHA to it. They would send along affiliated coaches, holding a level 1 or 2 coaching badge, in Charlton training kit, with the odd appearance from an U23 player.

It's seen better days but I've still got that one, and it still fits.

Back
Top Bottom