Chairman Done Deal - New owner is Tiger

Wow! Oxford United owned by a comfortably off Asian businessman who deals in property development.

That's novel.

What could possibly go wrong?

At least we’ll get another ground move. Perhaps to one with two sides this time.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I'm cautiously optimistic about this development. With our current position, all that we can hope for is that we get a new manager in soonish, he can steer us clear of relegation and know which players he wants to keep. I'm hoping Tiger can help improve our fortunes both on and off the pitch, whether he does or not we will find out in time.

Thanks to DE. You gave it a good shot. A very strong start and then it all became a bit of a strain financially.

I can’t criticise a guy for not spending more and I won’t criticise him for this deal.

However, the role of OxVox in this is questionable indeed.

Why was the supposedly independent supporters’ group keeping its gob shut? Surely not to ensure that media and other fans did not ask difficult questions about a guy whose rep from Reading is tricky to say the least?

The role of such a group
Is to Make darn sure difficult questions are asked and pressure is applied to get answers.

I find it extremely disturbing that they don’t know what his plans are despite holding meetings.

DE, as is his wont, got OxVox to work for him. Shame OxVox forgot who they work for

Mmm. It will be interesting to see what Oxvox have been discussing. If there have been meetings, then like you, I assume that the question of his plans have been asked (and hopefully answered).

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but have some initial concerns about this.

I can only assume that the comment about Bellamy now being on hold due to the takeover is not true. If it is true then that is not a very good start in my view ...

This is surely the most interesting part of his statement...

" I would just like to say to the fans now that my ambitions match, and may even exceed, theirs".

I don't know, I have some pretty crazy ambitions.

Let’s hope he’s not a pussy cat with the landlord
9ed5d1549c990c6f6fe6045a02f9c8df.jpg

This is surely the most interesting part of his statement...

" I would just like to say to the fans now that my ambitions match, and may even exceed, theirs".

I don't know, I have some pretty crazy ambitions.

That new stadium on the moon isn’t going to be cheap for starters.

Just to add some flesh to Myles’ comment. Carabao just released earnings (before this announcement) and whilst they talk a lot about English football , we aren’t mentioned
4a46971c010316bf7ac586f7ad2b6d12.jpg

So is Carabao out of the picture for us, and it’s Tiger and someone else backing him.

Mmm. It will be interesting to see what Oxvox have been discussing. If there have been meetings, then like you, I assume that the question of his plans have been asked (and hopefully answered).

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but have some initial concerns about this.

I can only assume that the comment about Bellamy now being on hold due to the takeover is not true. If it is true then that is not a very good start in my view ...
Bellamy was paper talk, with the deal going through how could anyone hope there was a manager ready, , DE and Tiger might have had differing views on who their manager would be so that manager might depend on the owner of the club, bellamy might get announced who knows?

Speculation or fact? Tiger might want him still.
Speculation or fact? Tiger might want him still.

Shared a picture of the promotion day against Wycombe and commented with the following:

davidbgjones TBT ... one of my favourite days as director of Oxford United. Promotion, two cup finals, incredible learning experience.

That sounds like farewell to me.

Welcome Tiger, a fresh start, investment and hopefully a bought ground.
Now all we need is an experienced manager to get out of this mess.

Last edited:
Bellamy was paper talk, with the deal going through how could anyone hope there was a manager ready, , DE and Tiger might have had differing views on who their manager would be so that manager might depend on the owner of the club, bellamy might get announced who knows?

Well when DE took over there was a manager announced at the same time.

If a deal was going through and the team struggling, surely DE (who retains a 'significant stake' and Tiger would have tried to continue to look for a manager?

It sounds to me that Bellamy was far more than 'paper talk'

Back
Top Bottom