Cricket: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Archer is 'rested ' again for today's warm up v the Australians. Is this trying to stop the opposition side seeing him?
Morgan and Root both not playing so Wiakes being played as a batsman only!
Just having the one back up batsman is a little risky I guess.

Archer will play Monday then although he has been fielding with Wood going off.

Oh, and Collingwood is now on as a sub fielder.

Classic supply and demand!
Pakistan v India sold out ages ago (no surprise) I assume that it is difficult to get tickets for the England games?

it sure seems so.... tickets from ICC only .... appears theres no on the day tickets avail at any of the grounds?

.... think I might pop along to Taunton Mon June 17 Windies v Bangladesh £20 for a cheap ticket
and it doesnt clash with an England game

Interesting watching Australia bat today.
Going along at 5 an over. Pretty pedestrian and some of the commentators talking about waiting for the last 10 overs keeping wickets in hand.
Is it the wicket or have we just gone back 10 years?

Interesting watching Australia bat today.
Going along at 5 an over. Pretty pedestrian and some of the commentators talking about waiting for the last 10 overs keeping wickets in hand.
Is it the wicket or have we just gone back 10 years?
TBF 297 is not a bad score in the end. They looked a bit rusty to me. They will certainly rely on the 'saintly' Smith and Warner a fair bit this summer.

England struggling a little.
Vince is looking good and Engkand really need him, Stokes or Buttler to get a bigger score like Aus had Smith.

And then Buttler comes in.
24 off a Coulter Niles over.
Buttler just looks in a different class to everybody else. As usual if Buttler is there at the end we win. If he is out it's a different game

not quite good enough today

Aus win the friendly by 12 runs .... bowling England out with 3 balls (& 12 runs) to spare :rolleyes:

TBF 297 is not a bad score in the end. They looked a bit rusty to me. They will certainly rely on the 'saintly' Smith and Warner a fair bit this summer.
Told you!!
Very poor by England after Buttler was out especially at the death.
Take the Afghans lightly and they'll beat us. I know they're warm up games but we need to keep the momentum going. Play the best side available to us.

Told you!!
Very poor by England after Buttler was out especially at the death.
Take the Afghans lightly and they'll beat us. I know they're warm up games but we need to keep the momentum going. Play the best side available to us.
Had Buttler or Vince stayed in would have won.
Gave stupid wickets away.
Without Morgan Root Archer and wood (mainly).
It does show however that one poor performance ....

I think it showed that we have more trouble scoring quickly off spinners than off the quicks/mediums. We have another game against a decent set of spinners (Afghanistan) in a couple of days - it will be interesting to see if the approach changes a bit.
This was a bit of a 'pre-season friendly' though - and we all know you can't take that much from them!

I think it showed that we have more trouble scoring quickly off spinners than off the quicks/mediums. We have another game against a decent set of spinners (Afghanistan) in a couple of days - it will be interesting to see if the approach changes a bit.
This was a bit of a 'pre-season friendly' though - and we all know you can't take that much from them!

Agreed. Also I think yesterday may be a good thing as it will help concentrate the focus of the players after comfortably dealing with Pakistan.

Archer starts today as does Rachid and Roy.

Good to see big oufc flag and young lad with yellows shirt on at the Oval

Root with 3 wickets and Afghanistan struggling.
I am not sure how much this game will help oin preparations , except hopefully their 3 spinners will all bowl.

See Afghanistan have a player named Afghan .... wonder if his team-mates call him hound? ;)

This will be a great learning experience for Afghanistan. A nice team getting exposure to the best team in the world that will help them a lot.

England are being England. Very much keeping the pace bowlers ticking over and giving the spinners some overs. Let's see how we bat

Not sure this is doing anything at all for Afghanistan really. I know they'll be better (at bowing) on worn pitches later in the tournament but this match is making them look like cannon fodder.

that didnt last long then! :oops:

Afghanistan bowled out for 160 in under 40 overs

England 161-1 in under 18 overs

England win by 9 wickets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom