Sport Cricket - Summer 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to make too many excuses.....

......but in the shortest form of the game, it is tough when you lose your opening bat and death bowler during the tournament.

We didn't look the same team at the end of the tournament without Mills & Roy.

Well done NZ.
Jordan has done really well this tournament but isnt top class and our seam bowling looked a bit light. We have missed Archer.
Roy was a miss and Mills ( although Wood did well in Mills place)

Don't want to make too many excuses.....

......but in the shortest form of the game, it is tough when you lose your opening bat and death bowler during the tournament.

We didn't look the same team at the end of the tournament without Mills & Roy.

Mills was super expensive and was very replaceable.

We had that in the bag until the last 4 overs - 15-19.

Wood has been poor and is not a t20 bowler.

Jordan went to pot, Rashid not much better and that over from Woakes was almost like he’s given up the chase.

To not get a single over out of Mooen was arrogant by Morgan. He thought he’d done enough by getting 4 out of Livingstone who himself should have opened …

Billings was a wasted pick and Willey should have played instead. Few overs, left arm, good pinch hitter. Morgan has always had his favourites and will be remembered for the World Cup win which was fortunate and the bottle job of today.

Time for Morgan to go.

Last edited:
Fair play to NZ they are just a bit better than us in all forms at the moment. Fantastic for a country with a small population!!
A bit of a reshuffle needed. Livingstone should go up the order, his talent has been a bit wasted. Controversial but if Stokes gets back to his best I would drop Malan. I know he's ranked high but he's not that good really. Slow starter and puts pressure on the later order. He did ok today but he and Mo could have scored a bit quicker.
Wood should try for more control. I'm sure alot of the time he doesn't know where he's pitching the ball.
Don't know why Mo didn't get a couple of overs? He has a knack of getting an important wicket or two.

Ask Morgan why Hales does not play. Likewise Joe Root. Even a case for Willey.

All about control and ego for Morgan who surrounds himself by yes men.

Will ECB concentrate on 'proper' cricket , as in red ball cricket perhaps? Small matter of the ashes series coming soon

Pakistan 143-1 off 17

Australia have just had a "Jordan-esque" over getting splatted all over.

I think the BBC have just given up on the T20 World Cup after yesterday. The headline on the page at the moment...

SmartSelect_20211111-155812_Chrome.jpg

...although I wouldn't put anything past the convicts to try and cheat a win 😂

3 down now, Smith out. Maxwell in, think this is the game right here now. Aussies slightly ahead?

Warner given out caught behind and walks off. Replays showing he missed the ball by a fair margin... No idea why he didn't review, that could have cost Australia the game.

...still, gotta laugh 😂 😂 😂 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom