Cricket: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team that could be an outside bet are the Windies.

Not sure their bowling is any great shakes, but their batting could be scary. Gayle, Hope, Bravo, Holder and then Andre Russell to come in and pummel the cover off it late on. They scored 420 today against a New Zealand side that have a decent attack, and bowled India out cheaply last week (albeit they were short Tim Southee today).

Still hard to see past England, India & Australia though.

The team that could be an outside bet are the Windies.

Not sure their bowling is any great shakes, but their batting could be scary. Gayle, Hope, Bravo, Holder and then Andre Russell to come in and pummel the cover off it late on. They scored 420 today against a New Zealand side that have a decent attack, and bowled India out cheaply last week (albeit they were short Tim Southee today).

Still hard to see past England, India & Australia though.

Personally don't think the Windies are an outside bet, I think they are right in the mix. Can beat anybody on their day.

Really should be Engkand Australia India and ANO (NZ, WI, SA)
But the great thing about sport is that you never know.
I just hope that Engkand peak in the Semis/ Final

Personally don't think the Windies are an outside bet, I think they are right in the mix. Can beat anybody on their day.

Well, literally they are an outside bet! 14-1 up to 20-1 at the moment.

Well, literally they are an outside bet! 14-1 up to 20-1 at the moment.

I saw these but I was looking at it from a personal perspective. The thing with the Windies is they tend to be brilliant or awful, I wonder what we'll see?

I agree that the Windies lack consistency - and that is what is likely to stop them qualifying for the semis. Should they get there though, they will be a huge threat in the one-off matches.

A link to the welcome page of the new section...

I'll lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom