Sport Cricket - Winter 2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
80-5 Bairstow gone for 22....still 13 behind .....this is poor all round from England

Calamitous run out Foakes gone for 2 83-6 ...10 behind

Two bottles empty on the optics, currently got October Drift on the turntable. Fingers in ears with regards the cricket.

How many do we think England will need to win this game and the series then?

Plenty of time in the game still, but I reckon that if we get a lead of 200, we should declare.

Certainly soon after Tea so we get a decent number of overs to skittle them out.

the chase begins for WI ..... a mahoosive target of 28 to get

start the car ...all over in under 5 overs

how many Test matches without a win now?

Embarrassingly bad

One word to sum up Englands test team, and the ECB “Embarrassment”.

Worth inviting the Zimbabwe over for the summer for a competitive fixture?

The ECB will have splinters from the barrel scraping they are undergoing at present.

Root has stepped down / resigned as England test captain

Right thing to do after recent results.

Although I didn't think he was the most tactically astute captain we have ever had, he was on a hiding to nothing, being expected to score significant runs in every game (since the rest of them don't seem to know which end of a bat is the handle end) as well as juggling some inconsistent bowlers to make up for the shortcomings in the batting line up. Hopefully he can now just concentrate on his batting.

I don’t blame him. He must be shattered.

The irony is that he is still first choice to be captain when you look at the other options. Anderson and Broad are in the twilight years, Stokes is a soldier not a general (although would be a good interim choice), Buttler may well want to focus on the short form and no one else is consistent enough to make the team.

The test team is a complete shambles, and Key he was some player for England wasnt he…

Did ok for Kent mind.

I would of done the same thing as Root, and do t blame him one bit. He’s had nobody to score runs with, and never had the tools that Eoin Morgan gets in the shorter formats. ECB are to blame.

I hope we can start blooding in young talent, rather than stick with the old guard.

Give Parkinson a go from Lancs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom