Sport Cricket - Summer 2022

They must
Very strange decision by SA to bat first. You've just hammered England having inserted them at Lords, you rock up to an overcast Manchester with a bit of humidity still in the air and choose to bat first. Not that I'm complaining, mind!
Having picked two very good spinners they must think its going to turn if they can get enough on the board s - including the leading wicket taker in county cricket for the last three years I think.

77-5 at lunch .... afternoon session about to start - with the sun out in Manchester

It does slightly irritate me when Anderson having got two in two balls by bowling straight, fast and at the stumps, the very next over we take some of the slips out and start bowling short! And why can't Robinson move his run back six inches? He is in danger of overstepping every ball...

It does slightly irritate me when Anderson having got two in two balls by bowling straight, fast and at the stumps, the very next over we take some of the slips out and start bowling short! And why can't Robinson move his run back six inches? He is in danger of overstepping every ball...
Seems to be our plan to the tail under the new regime, bumper after bumper after bumper.

Add a necessary bit of luck and that's a good morning. They've slightly weakened their batting line-up by replacing Jansen with Harmer - hopefully we'll use the conditions to bowl at the tail and not simply try and bounce them out!
Harmer has been teriffic in the County game in the past few years .
Let's hope we don't need too many in the 4th innings

Seems to be our plan to the tail under the new regime, bumper after bumper after bumper.
Indeed, but it smacks of hoping the batsmen make a mistake (rather than positively trying to get them out), and also gives the batsmen a chance to just avoid the ball and get their eye in for pace and bounce. It *must* be effective I suppose - they have expertise and experience I don't! - but it just seems a bit needlessly negative to me.

143-8 at Tea , maybe shouldve already bowled SA out by now?
Broad and Anderson both have 3 wickets apiece (so far)

cmon England take the last 2 scalps in the last session of today

And now we are about to bat.

Oddly enough I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach - completely unrelated I expect...

151 all out..... now lets see what this wicket is like to bat on

I think the conventional wisdom is that you have to see both first innings to judge how the first batting team did. I wait with bated breath, but another wicket and I will slide off to watch a repeat of 'Pointless' where I will hope to remember the obscure answers in another futile attempt to make my wife think I am clever.

Back
Top Bottom