Sport Cricket - Summer 2022

Well it ended a good day for England!
40 odd behind with 7 wickets left.
A bit like the last Test but teams round the other way?

20 extras out of 111.
Two lots of 5 wides!
Pretty poor.
Just watched the highlights on iPlayer, those 5 wides were searing pace bouncers over the keeper at North of 90mph... Being a batsman certainly takes some guts.

207 for 5 at lunch.
Another 100 and England will be in a very strong position

Really good session of Test Cricket. The ball is turning massively, batting in the fourth innings will be tough so need another 100 minimum I'd say.

Did anybody see Stewart Broad's interview after yesterday's play?
He suggested that the Duke ball has been 'rubbish' this summer and goes soft and out of shape after around 20 overs.
So if you can see the new ball off without losing too many wickets, you should score runs.
This, fortunately seems to be happening today ( and SA has the worst of the conditions yesterday morning)

Stokes on the charge. 83no, 3 sixes. England 277/5, less than 5 overs to the new ball.

The key passage of play for this test match is just about to start. England 294/5, lead of 143. Stokes/Foakes partnership of 147. New ball taken, which Stokes sent to the boundary first delivery, then was dropped off the second...

If we can add another 100 from here it would be great.

The key passage of play for this test match is just about to start. England 294/5, lead of 143. Stokes/Foakes partnership of 147. New ball taken, which Stokes sent to the boundary first delivery, then was dropped off the second...

If we can add another 100 from here it would be great.
I reckon we already have a very healthy lead, but yes another 100 and you would hope that England wouldn't need to bat again

A much better innings for Stokes, there was still aggression but far less reckless. After (another) dodgy start it has been a much better effort all round. I think England will be trying to accelerate now - will they want a cheeky 30 minutes at SA tonight?

Back
Top Bottom