Sport Cricket - Summer 2022

New Zealand bowling like they’ve given up, and only a matter of time to knock these last few runs off.

I’m honestly in shock, after the last couple of years of test cricket we’ve been woeful, and I never dreamed we’d win two matches against these.

Sensational performance.
Shows what a lot on here know ( me included)
Bairstow dropped anybody!
Fair play to Stokes and McMillan. Really positive aggressive performance and Bairstow, Lees, have proved to be good picks

Win by 5 wickets.
Have there ever been nearly 1700 runs in a game before?

What a performance that was, certainly didn't expect that when they set us 299. The evening session was just brutal.

Stokes finishes it off. Brilliant from England, and who says 5 day format is finished.

It’s been high quality 5 days of cricket in this test match.

Loads of runs, plenty of wickets, and a well done to the groundsmen for creating a very good pitch.

It’s easy to say when we’ve beaten them but why don’t we play NZ more? They’re entertaining matches and there’s none of that willy-waving you get with the Indians or Aussies coming over. They all seem like nice blokes too.

Last edited:
It’s easy to say when we’ve beaten them but why don’t we play NZ more? They’re entertaining matches and there’s none of that willy-waving you get with the Indians or Aussies coming over. They all seem like nice booked too.
Agree. Hard but fair test cricket with NZ. They've done remarkably well considering where they were not so long ago. And a population of only 5 million!!

Sensational performance.
Shows what a lot on here know ( me included)
Bairstow dropped anybody!
Fair play to Stokes and McMillan. Really positive aggressive performance and Bairstow, Lees, have proved to be good picks
I think Bairstow was in danger of being dropped (but may have hung on as the next one is at Headingley) if he hadn’t got a score.
That run chase is Bairstow's game, set up for him as McCullam clearly gave him the nod to have a go. Astonishing and brutal and Stokes complemented him with his own brand of punishment even though he was struggling with an injury.

Looking ahead, with the series win sealed, is there now an opportunity to blood some more newcomers or do we go with the stongest team possible and go for the 3:0?

Crawley’s place must now be in danger - although being told his position is safe in a game with a little less pressure on it might help him settle - and I wouldnt be surprised if Stokes needs time to nurse his knee unfortunately...

This has been unbelievable since tea. Bairstow take a bow, and Stokes has been fantastic too.

27 to win, what a days cricket, and probably one of the highest chases at Trent Bridge.

It was the highest ever - 284 was the previous record.

Honestly, I would have dropped Bairstow to make way for Harry Brook this Test. And I still think we need to do that before too long. But fair play - when you need a genius one day innings on a flat track, Jonny is definitely still your man.

Brook will likely still get a game in the final Test if Stokes' knee is knackered.......

England in ODI action today, away to The Netherlands. First game of a 3 match series. Match starts at 10am UK Time.

Netherlands win toss, and will bowl.

England: Roy, Salt, Malan, Buttler, Morgan, Livingstone, Ali, Curran (S), Willey, Rashid, Topley.

Free stream of the game on ecb.co.uk, you'll need to sign up for a free account if you don't have one.

England score World Record 498-4. Brutal. 3 hundreds in the innings.

Back
Top Bottom