Sport Cricket - Summer 2022

Netherlands 21-1 off 4. They need to score 319 to avoid getting the world record for the heaviest ODI defeat.

England score World Record 498-4. Brutal. 3 hundreds in the innings.
I watched the last 20 overs, it was indeed brutal. Livingstone was on for the fastest ever 50 for England but missed by 1 ball!!
Buttler was his usual self and this is his game, not test cricket. I think he just missed the world record for the fastest ever hundred by a ball or two. Morgan was out first ball!! Oh well, you can't have it all. 😏

Buttler is unreal.

Scored a massive amount of runs in the IPL to help the Rajisthan Royals reach the final.

Netherlands v England 3rd ODI just started, once again there is a live stream for free on ecb.co.uk if you are interested.

England won the toss, elected to field. Currently Netherlands are 16/1 off 5 overs.

3rd Test tomorrow.
Both Overtons in the squad.
Stokes missed training yesterday. If he doesn't play who should be Captain?

3rd Test tomorrow.
Both Overtons in the squad.
Stokes missed training yesterday. If he doesn't play who should be Captain?
Stokes is fit. Jamie Overton to make his debut in place of Jimmy Anderson who has an ankle injury.

England back to proper cricket, 3rd Test v New Zealand at Headingley. NZ have won the toss and will bat. CricInfo saying the pitch looks flat, sun is out so good toss to win.

Be interesting to see Overton in action - supposedly put on a yard of pace in the last couple of years and capable of bowling at 90mph.

That's been the issue with both attacks so far, they can be very samey when the batting conditions settle down and the ball isn't doing much. When it is moving about, these are probably the best two attacks to exploit it (when Jimmy is playng that is).

That's been the issue with both attacks so far, they can be very samey when the batting conditions settle down and the ball isn't doing much.
All right-handed seamers in the test side, but fa flock of left-handed seamers in the ODI team, maybe one can break through into the Test side as Curran (S) seems to have fallen out of favour.

All right-handed seamers in the test side, but fa flock of left-handed seamers in the ODI team, maybe one can break through into the Test side as Curran (S) seems to have fallen out of favour.
I think Curran is still recovering from an injury and getting himself properly match fit.

I'm not sure Willey, Topley and Payne are test level seamers, decent white ball cricketers as they all are. Topley is injury prone and as a Gloucestershire fan, Payne is very reliable but may just be missing that little bit extra (and he's 31).

Stokes puts on the spinner in the 13th over of a test match in England... wicket first ball! NZ 35-2.

I have never seen a wicket happen like that before. Mitchell even middling the ball as non-striker.

New Zealand Cricket must be the unluckiest team to play any sport ever. That is just freaky.

Back
Top Bottom