country to lockdown friday

We will see Scotchers. My work seem to think it will be Friday when tough restrictions will come in. Half the population aren't following the government's guidelines so tougher measures are going to be needed like all other European countries.
Tough regulations maybe, but army trucks with covid-19 on the side is more likely something from a sitcom!!!

I'm being told it could be announced later and begin tomorrow and the Army and police have already been briefed and are on standby

Tough regulations maybe, but army trucks with covid-19 on the side is more likely something from a sitcom!!!

Think they are being deployed to help the police especially in London where alot of people are still social gathering at bars and clubs. Already been posted that police can now fine anyone who doesn't adhere to the conditions. A couple of mates who work at building sites have been told their last day is Friday and the site will shut until further notice.

Think they are being deployed to help the police especially in London where alot of people are still social gathering at bars and clubs. Already been posted that police can now fine anyone who doesn't adhere to the conditions. A couple of mates who work at building sites have been told their last day is Friday and the site will shut until further notice.
The news has said that 20K army are available to help the police- it’s not a big secret or conspiracy. I don’t think they’ll arrest you for walking the dog

The news has said that 20K army are available to help the police- it’s not a big secret or conspiracy. I don’t think they’ll arrest you for walking the dog

Nobody would suggest you cannot walk the dog or go for a jog ,They will be though preventing people overstocking at the supermarkets etc and ensuring people who are out there have a legitimate reason for doing so..

The simple solution is to shut down pubs, clubs, bars restaurants etc, no one is breaking any rules being in them at the moment, it was a weird thing of the government to do to just recommend people don’t use them, some would, some wouldn’t and every one knew that would be the case so it has solved nothing really.

And to think, it was only a week ago that some people were practically in tears over the thought of not being allowed into a football match, and saying how unfair it was and that they’d just go to the pub instead as some sort of weird protest.

And to think, it was only a week ago that some people were practically in tears over the thought of not being allowed into a football match, and saying how unfair it was and that they’d just go to the pub instead as some sort of weird protest.

Exactly and now measures will have to be taken so that some people finally wake up to themselves and realize how serious this all is.

10k troops ... covid 19 rapid response force will be based in Aldershot... ready to be deployed 'at a moments notice' to deal with emergency situations that may arise.... BBC1 National News at 1.30pm

Nobody would suggest you cannot walk the dog or go for a jog ,They will be though preventing people overstocking at the supermarkets etc and ensuring people who are out there have a legitimate reason for doing so..
10k troops ... covid 19 rapid response force will be based in Aldershot... ready to be deployed 'at a moments notice' to deal with emergency situations that may arise.... BBC1 National News at 1.30pm
i saw a big bloke filling a 4x4 with toilet rolls .. send over some shells

Until the panic buyers discover your allotment and steal it all.
Don't worry, if it's like last year, the local wildlife (deer, badgers, rabbits, mice, birds, insects) will get there first anyway! :(

Besides, I'm not sure that the wazzocks who have been stocking up on bog paper actually are bright enough to cook anything.

That'll be a good one! Aldershot closed most of the barracks etc years ago. Para's moved out along with others. The catering schools have gone and new houses have been built on the old land. Bordon, which is just up the road from me, said goodbye to the army a while ago so no room there either.
I think somebody has been telling some porkies!

That'll be a good one! Aldershot closed most of the barracks etc years ago. Para's moved out along with others. The catering schools have gone and new houses have been built on the old land. Bordon, which is just up the road from me, said goodbye to the army a while ago so no room there either.
I think somebody has been telling some porkies!

Yh he got the numbers wrong. It 20000 troops and not based at Aldershot. But everything else he has said is what I'm hearing.

Yh he got the numbers wrong. It 20000 troops and not based at Aldershot. But everything else he has said is what I'm hearing.
Just to put this all into perspective and not start yet more rumours and misdirected "news" here is the official statement.

Back
Top Bottom