Do people think we may have a new lockdown

• Yes

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
The problem is getting the right balance.
Nobody wants people dying of covid nor I would think do we want businesses to fail. Central government funded by the taxpayer can’t afford to keep funding furlough and backing companies.
The scientists differ on solutions. Some say the infection is mild generally but if it spreads quickly presumably the hospitals will struggle.
I would like to know whether the infections are the result of not being vaccinated. Are the deaths recorded with covid the result of underlying issues, pneumonia.
Unless the economy can be allowed to function how can we get to grips with all the other issues in the NHS.
How much longer will we have to covid and the gloom?
I agree that we need leadership and at the moment we are not getting it

I'd say that scientists are fairly uniform in agreeing that more data is required!

Unfortunate but unavoidable.

BJ reported that Covid numbers in London hospitals are rising fast. What he didn’t say was that 50% of those are in cases being admitted for other reasons . Admissions across London are flat.
Well that could be good news. But what are all those other people being admitted for? If the hospital is swamped it's a big problem, whatever the cause.

My take on this, and I don’t comment on this thread much, I think he ( Boris ) is scared to upset industry and his back benchers, he has to stand tall if possible and call parliament back to discuss the potential circuit breaker to start as soon as Xmas Eve.
It might sound harsh in the party spirit but admissions are rising and the NHS is going to be overwhelmed and with the waiting lists getting longer then he has to act I don’t think he would lose the vote as the Labour Party would support, the only non suooort would be the 100 backbenchers and the Lib/dems.
So Boris do the right thing the hospitality industry have just been given a boost so they should be alright.

Locally cases (positive tests) are rising, around 360-380 a day, but admissions are not going in the same direction as yet.

Very broadly speaking .........................

"It's a bit of a sniffle"

Tips hat to Page 1 of the Covid thread and retreats.

Locally cases (positive tests) are rising, around 360-380 a day, but admissions are not going in the same direction as yet.

Very broadly speaking .........................

"It's a bit of a sniffle"

Tips hat to Page 1 of the Covid thread and retreats.
I heard on Radio 5Live this morning that 4 out of 5 hospitalisations are from the unvaccinated, does that tie up with what you are seeing at the moment?

Yesterday you called for action to support hospitality, today you got it.

Is it so hard for you to sometimes just acknowledge something without the jibe?
A truthful jibe though. 😎

I heard on Radio 5Live this morning that 4 out of 5 hospitalisations are from the unvaccinated, does that tie up with what you are seeing at the moment?

It was at one stage but is a lower ration now as the "pool" of folk vaccinated (1,2 or 3) has increased.
And that then depends on how "vaccinated" is defined.
By rights, it should be "At least 2 weeks after Booster having previously received 2 doses"...............

The biggest problems we have are comorbidities diabetes, age, COPD, heart problems etc.

Not so, he declared a ‘major incident’. Whatever that is. No one’s appeared to listen however.

It's a bit of a mystery, this major incident. The BBC says
"Major incidents have previously been called in response to the Grenfell Tower fire in June 2017 and the terror attacks at Westminster Bridge and London Bridge.
A major incident is any emergency which requires the implementation of special arrangements by one or all of the emergency services, the NHS or the local authority.
It means the emergency services and hospitals cannot guarantee their normal level of response."

Perhaps it only means the bit I underlined for any real purpose - can't find how or what the 'special arrangements' are.

It's a bit of a mystery, this major incident. The BBC says
"Major incidents have previously been called in response to the Grenfell Tower fire in June 2017 and the terror attacks at Westminster Bridge and London Bridge.
A major incident is any emergency which requires the implementation of special arrangements by one or all of the emergency services, the NHS or the local authority.
It means the emergency services and hospitals cannot guarantee their normal level of response."

Perhaps it only means the bit I underlined for any real purpose - can't find how or what the 'special arrangements' are.

"It means that coordination arrangements between key public services will be further stepped-up with the re-establishment of the Strategic Coordinating Group, which will have a Government representative enabling London to seek further support from government to address the pressures facing the city."

Back
Top Bottom