National News Conservative Party

Correct me if I am wrong but...........Under 18`s get free dental check ups?

Our local NHS dentist has a sign in the window advertising for folk to register.

I`ve seen folk registering when in the waiting room.

Place has 6 treatment rooms and is always busy.

Is it different elsewhere?

Maybe living in a deprived postcode has its benefits? :D

In plenty of cases, you'll be lucky to get a local NHS Dentist. My mate couldn't get one locally in Yorkshire so kept the one in Oxford and travels down.

A friend lives in Norfolk and received a letter to say his dentist has moved from NHS to private.

Our local NHS dentist has a sign in the window advertising for folk to register.

I`ve seen folk registering when in the waiting room.

Place has 6 treatment rooms and is always busy.

Is it different elsewhere?

Maybe living in a deprived postcode has its benefits? :D
I think you may well be a postcode outlier here - trying to get a NHS dentist in south west London is a virtual impossibility.

Not where I live they don't. The last dentist in our area has sent us a letter saying they are not offering any more free NHS check-ups for our two sons, and are telling us to pay for it. The nearest NHS dentist is 10 miles away, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were only accepting local residents.

I did write to my Tory MP on this, and one of his minions (because he's far too busy with his 2nd job) told me "Maybe you should travel further afield". Very helpful indeed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In response, a spokesperson for Cherwell Conservatives said:“Cherwell Conservatives are proud of their track record of delivery in Bicester. We have..... provided 3,500 households with food vouchers this winter...... ".

They really don't get it. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

In response, a spokesperson for Cherwell Conservatives said:“Cherwell Conservatives are proud of their track record of delivery in Bicester. We have..... provided 3,500 households with food vouchers this winter...... ".

They really don't get it. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

And neither do they care.

Marie Antoinette syndrome is alive and well.

Not where I live they don't. The last dentist in our area has sent us a letter saying they are not offering any more free NHS check-ups for our two sons, and are telling us to pay for it. The nearest NHS dentist is 10 miles away, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were only accepting local residents.

I did write to my Tory MP on this, and one of his minions (because he's far too busy with his 2nd job) told me "Maybe you should travel further afield". Very helpful indeed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
My dentist in Oxford was accepting new NHS patients till recently, but for NHS patients the service offered has got worse and worse - treated by young dentists who didn't inspire confidence, offered wooden fillings or suchlike - so that I've found myself having more and more done on a private basis. It's basically privatization by stealth. I believe the rot started under Blair but the Tories have had long enough to address it.

My dentist in Oxford was accepting new NHS patients till recently, but for NHS patients the service offered has got worse and worse - treated by young dentists who didn't inspire confidence, offered wooden fillings or suchlike - so that I've found myself having more and more done on a private basis. It's basically privatization by stealth. I believe the rot started under Blair but the Tories have had long enough to address it.
The Tories have no plan to address it, they are the source of much of the pain. Indeed their dental review in 2015 only committed to increasing charges to patients, not increasing funding (or any other plan).
Dentistry was the only part of the NHS receiving less real terns funding in 2020 than it was in 2010.
"While the population of England grew by 7.42% between 2010 and 2020, the amount of dentistry commissioned by NHS England was cut by more than 2 million units of dental activity (UDAs). UDAs commissioned per head of population fell from 1.70 to 1.56, while government contributions per head fell from £41.79 to £34.53 in the same period.
• In 2010/11 the gross budget for high street NHS services was £2.81bn, of which £614m was drawn from patient charges, £2.2bn from direct government contributions. In 2019/20 while the gross budget reached £2.96bn, net government contributions had fallen in cash terms to £2.1bn.
• To restore the resourcing in NHS General Dental Services to 2010 levels, simply reflecting RPI inflation would require a total budget of £3.6bn for NHS General Dental Services. In order to also reflect population growth in the intervening period would require a budget of £3.9bn."

The BDA survey last year showed:
  • Nearly half (45%) report they have reduced their NHS commitment since the onset of the pandemic, by an average of over a quarter.
  • 75% say they are now likely to reduce – or further reduce – their NHS commitment in the next 12 months, the highest level in any BDA surveys since the first lockdown. 45% say they are likely to go fully private. Nearly half (47%) indicate they are likely to change career or seek early retirement.
  • Nearly 9 in 10 (87%) state they have experienced symptoms of stress, burnout or other mental health problems in the last 12 months, with 86% reporting colleagues in their practice have received physical or verbal abuse from patients. 75% say they are unable to spend sufficient time with patients, and only 25% say they are able to offer the kind of care they want to provide.
Unsurprising when there are places like Ashfield in Nottinghamshire which has an NHS dental staffing rate of 0.062 dentists per 1,000 people.

I like what you did there but you'd have been better to say 'I believe the decay started' :)

The Tories have no plan to address it, they are the source of much of the pain. Indeed their dental review in 2015 only committed to increasing charges to patients, not increasing funding (or any other plan).
Dentistry was the only part of the NHS receiving less real terns funding in 2020 than it was in 2010.
"While the population of England grew by 7.42% between 2010 and 2020, the amount of dentistry commissioned by NHS England was cut by more than 2 million units of dental activity (UDAs). UDAs commissioned per head of population fell from 1.70 to 1.56, while government contributions per head fell from £41.79 to £34.53 in the same period.
• In 2010/11 the gross budget for high street NHS services was £2.81bn, of which £614m was drawn from patient charges, £2.2bn from direct government contributions. In 2019/20 while the gross budget reached £2.96bn, net government contributions had fallen in cash terms to £2.1bn.
• To restore the resourcing in NHS General Dental Services to 2010 levels, simply reflecting RPI inflation would require a total budget of £3.6bn for NHS General Dental Services. In order to also reflect population growth in the intervening period would require a budget of £3.9bn."

The BDA survey last year showed:
  • Nearly half (45%) report they have reduced their NHS commitment since the onset of the pandemic, by an average of over a quarter.
  • 75% say they are now likely to reduce – or further reduce – their NHS commitment in the next 12 months, the highest level in any BDA surveys since the first lockdown. 45% say they are likely to go fully private. Nearly half (47%) indicate they are likely to change career or seek early retirement.
  • Nearly 9 in 10 (87%) state they have experienced symptoms of stress, burnout or other mental health problems in the last 12 months, with 86% reporting colleagues in their practice have received physical or verbal abuse from patients. 75% say they are unable to spend sufficient time with patients, and only 25% say they are able to offer the kind of care they want to provide.
Unsurprising when there are places like Ashfield in Nottinghamshire which has an NHS dental staffing rate of 0.062 dentists per 1,000 people.
Poor old Ashfield - couldn't this fella do something about it given he's their MP?

1682609436591.jpeg

As per my earlier post to @werthersoriginal - got to give you a high five for your use of 'source of much of the pain'

I think you may well be a postcode outlier here - trying to get a NHS dentist in south west London is a virtual impossibility.

Must be the "deprived postcode" that does it?

Levelling up and all that stuff. :)

This cannot be an error. Why if, ID had never been needed before, would you state ID is not needed?

Looks like Angela Rayner was right!

Love the Norwich Tory attempted explanation that it was a "printing error" caused by the use of an "incorrect template".
Why would they have a template saying you don't need ID to vote? It has never been a thing before, only at this (and future) election - sounds iffy. Also, a "printing error" makes it sound like that mysteriously appeared on the page without intervention - every printer I know will send you a proof for approval first, they will require that to be signed off before they print. So in addition to the iffy template story, there is then added gross incompetence of not proof checking a leaflet you are going to have distributed to the public.
So, do we believe mystery template and incompetence, or do we think nefarious intent? It is the Tories so either could be correct.

Can I change the title to in include the word 'lying'?

How does anyone believe a single word of these blatant liars?

I don't think there are many at all who actually believe them. More disturbing is the fact there are people still prepared to vote for them in full knowledge of this.

Just like the MAGA looneys in America. It simply doesn't matter how much of a criminal Trump is, they will STILL support him🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom