National News The YF Conservative Leader Poll....

Who should I vote for in the Conservative leadership ballot?

• Rishi Sunak

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Liz Truss

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Scrawl "Boris" on the ballot

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think all the politicians pretty much are busted flushes.
There are very few with charisma and respect.
I wish we had a credible opposition. The only one i think comes across well is Rachel Reeves. We had so many better ones, Alan Johnson, And going back Denis Healy, James Callaghan to name too. People that appeared to care for their country.
Even amongst the Conservatives there were decent people. Sir David Amiss, unfortunately no longer with us.
We've had some awful politicians in the last 20 years, George Osborne, a self serving ‘we are all in this together’
summed up the greed of the Tories.
So many scandals these days compared to times gone by.
These days we are left with incompetence. And no government for the last six weeks.
What of the future? Probably an election with two of the least endearing leaders in the last century, devoid of ideas and vision for this once great country

I think all the politicians pretty much are busted flushes.
There are very few with charisma and respect.
I wish we had a credible opposition. The only one i think comes across well is Rachel Reeves. We had so many better ones, Alan Johnson, And going back Denis Healy, James Callaghan to name too. People that appeared to care for their country.
Even amongst the Conservatives there were decent people. Sir David Amiss, unfortunately no longer with us.
We've had some awful politicians in the last 20 years, George Osborne, a self serving ‘we are all in this together’
summed up the greed of the Tories.
So many scandals these days compared to times gone by.
These days we are left with incompetence. And no government for the last six weeks.
What of the future? Probably an election with two of the least endearing leaders in the last century, devoid of ideas and vision for this once great country
Agreed...how far we've fallen, which is why I cannot understand the mentality of anyone not prepared to stand up and say we deserve better from our elected servants.

I think part of the issue with scandals is we've got better at detecting and reporting them. That said, I have never seen such a bunch of self serving entitled snakes as those currently slithering through Whitehall.

None of this has been helped by the media (traditional and social) penchant for making everything black or white, for or against, right or wrong and populist politicians knowingly using this (across the globe, might I add) to fan the flames of culture wars. Depressing that Liz Truss has decided that this (populist nonsense) is the best route to power for her and even more depressing that the majority of Tory members it would seem have lapped this up.... she's definitely playing to the right of the party!

Anyway, best we can hope for is probably a centre left coalition after the next GE and a move away from the populist nonsense that has infected politics over the last decade. If it carries on, I think you ony need to look to the US as to where we are heading in the next decade.

And I'm more than happy with boring, sensible politicians, working in the interests of everyone, not just a few mates.....

In any case, I think we in the West are going to have bigger challenges coming our way in the next decade with a significant shift in geopolitical power, plus climate change manifesting themselves.

EY predicted LT cabinet.
I hope not
Ranil Jaywardene, our MP, will be another yes man, I mean woman. One of the worst MPs we have had around here and a good case for the parliamentary system of first past the post to be scrapped.
Cant see IDS ever being in cabinet again. Sajid Javid, I doubt will be in nor Sunak..although Foreign Secretary might be a poisoned chalice for him to uphold

There’s no way the Conservative Party will let her fight the next election.
I personally can’t see if lasting beyond the spring. She could be out sooner if she loses a by-election

There’s no way the Conservative Party will let her fight the next election.
I personally can’t see if lasting beyond the spring. She could be out sooner if she loses a by-election

I wouldn`t take bets on either until we see what happens.

If she delivers and it works then neither might happen.

Politics is a long game. :)

Yeah....but Boris and Rishi saved the world with Furlough and the vaccine rollout programme.

And look where they are now[emoji1787]

If the country decide she's a self- serving populist fuckwit, her fate will be no different [emoji6]

Can Dim succeed where Lazy failed? I suspect I already know the answer to that.

With the possible exception of Joe Lycett. I haven’t heard a single persons’ enthusiasm for Liz Truss becoming PM all day.

Does anyone actually want her in charge?

• React
Reactions: QR
How has anybody got the sustained motivation/perseverance to give a s**t about this anymore. And I mean that on both sides.

What's the alternative? How is she actually, tangibly going to improve matters? Even in the dream scenario where we break the two-party system, where is the viable challenger party with "the vision"?

It's literally all falling down around us - it doesn't matter who leads a sinking ship really does it?

Back
Top Bottom