National News New Scottish Party

Peterdev

I see Alex Salmond has really put the cat amongst the pigeons.
I can only see it splitting the nationalist vote and making independence even more difficult than it was.
Although Salmond has been found not guilty in the courts there are a number of women who looking to press for another legal case.
Interesting days ahead for the Alba party and Scottish elections in the future

I see Alex Salmond has really put the cat amongst the pigeons.
I can only see it splitting the nationalist vote and making independence even more difficult than it was.
Although Salmond has been found not guilty in the courts there are a number of women who looking to press for another legal case.
Interesting days ahead for the Alba party and Scottish elections in the future
hes going for the Scottish, nationalistic misogynist vote Id guess

I’d be amazed if he gets much support but any he gets will come from SNP

The next Scottish elections will be interesting.
I suspect that despite Sturgeon looking far from whiter than white, the SNP will have a landslide victory.
If that happens it will be difficult to avoid another Scottish referendum (regardless of the SNP suggesting that the last one was 'once in a generation')
I believe that the Scots will be worse off economically as part of the EU than as part of Britain.
Still it will be interesting if it happens. If the Irish border was a problem then the Scottish/England border issue could be fun. Then Scotland joining the Euro!

The next Scottish elections will be interesting.
I suspect that despite Sturgeon looking far from whiter than white, the SNP will have a landslide victory.
If that happens it will be difficult to avoid another Scottish referendum (regardless of the SNP suggesting that the last one was 'once in a generation')
I believe that the Scots will be worse off economically as part of the EU than as part of Britain.
Still it will be interesting if it happens. If the Irish border was a problem then the Scottish/England border issue could be fun. Then Scotland joining the Euro!
I would imagine the massive rent that the UK government would have to pay for the nuclear sub bases/stores in Scotland would be enough to subsidise the difference.

I would imagine the massive rent that the UK government would have to pay for the nuclear sub bases/stores in Scotland would be enough to subsidise the difference.
You reckon? I would think that they would be moved smartish.
England subsidise Scotland significantly . I am pretty sure that the EU won't do the same

You reckon? I would think that they would be moved smartish.
England subsidise Scotland significantly . I am pretty sure that the EU won't do the same
The problem is there has been suggestion of moving for years, but they don't have anywhere suitable and politically safe to put it.

The problem is there has been suggestion of moving for years, but they don't have anywhere suitable and politically safe to put it.
They’re a waste of time anyway.
We get a nuclear deterrent by being a member of NATO.
Having our own missiles is just an expensive way of putting a target on our back.

I suppose he thinks SNP + Alba will unite the independence vote?

Scrap the Barnett formula and give them a price per head then see how they get on for 5 years before they get a ballot.

I suppose he thinks SNP + Alba will unite the independence vote?

Scrap the Barnett formula and give them a price per head then see how they get on for 5 years before they get a ballot.
Isn't being pro-Brexit but anti-scoxit (jockxit?) a tad hypocritical?

Isn't being pro-Brexit but anti-scoxit (jockxit?) a tad hypocritical?

Not at all.

Scotland & Wales never voted to join the UK so shouldn`t have been allowed to start devolution without a national vote which we all have a vested interest in.

Remember we voted to join the EEC and equally voted to leave the EU. :)

**picks up jumper and moves it in a bit**

They’re a waste of time anyway.
We get a nuclear deterrent by being a member of NATO.
Having our own missiles is just an expensive way of putting a target on our back.
indeed, Trident renewal will cost £200billion+ before the end of its life. But hey, we're apparently going to increase our warheads by over 50% because of the terrorist threat....sigh.

She's got some cheek talking about character considering her and her husband's actions in the recent past. The SNP still haven't explained where the money from the "ring fenced Referendum fund" is and the Party's Finance Committee which has the oversight of such things denied access to see the accounts by her husband.

Back
Top Bottom