• Rishi Sunak

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Penny Mordant

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You need an option "it doesn't matter, they are all shite", otherwise who cares 🤷‍♂️

Rather immature don`t you think? You don`t have to take part. :)

In fact, AFAIK there are only 2 people on here that will if it goes to the membership.

Rather immature don`t you think? You don`t have to take part. :)

In fact, AFAIK there are only 2 people on here that will if it goes to the membership.
Don't let my title of 'Moderator' let you have the impression I'm not capable of impressive shows of immaturity from time to time... I can get quite pouty when I've not had my hot weetabix. 😁

I'll repost this here....

This whole bloody charade tells us one thing; the first past the post system devised centuries back to differentiate between two relatively homogeneous political grouping simply does not work in the modern era.

Politics is far more nuanced now to the extent than the past ten years has shown that neither of the main parties can keep their disparate MPs/members/supporters together for long enough to give the confidence and stability the country must have to prosper. I could see a Labour Party go down the Tory splintered route after being in power for three or four years as the arguments that play out on social media daily are amplified by power and dissatisfied unions etc.

To be a modern stable, productive, fair society we desperately need proportional representation!

Last edited:
I'll repost this here....

This whole bloody charade tells us one thing; the first past the post system devised centuries back to differentiate between two relatively homogeneous political grouping simply does not work in the modern era.

Politics is far more nuanced now to the extent than the past ten years has shown that neither of the main parties can keep their disparate MPs/members/supporters together for long enough to give the confidence and stability the country must have to prosper. I could see a Labour Party go down the Tory splintered route after being in power for three or four years as the arguments that play out on social media daily are amplify by power and dissatisfied unions etc.

To be a modern stable, productive, fair society we desperately need proportional representation!

Unity is strength - we agree.

Proper PR though not some half cocked affair.

• React
Reactions: QR
According to the Beeb........The current tally is:

• Rishi Sunak - 102 MPs
  • Boris Johnson - 46 MPs
  • Penny Mordaunt - 21 MPs
Although Boris & Sunak have yet to officially declare they are standing.

Could be a cake walk for Rishi..... :rolleyes:

I’m hearing BJ has over 100 now.

I think any of these will get turfed out in a few months.

If it’s between Rishi and Boris, then it’s a BJ for me though.

If it’s Boris I can see national outrage, protests and don’t rule out riots!

Last edited:
I went BJ just for the rerun in a month or so when he's thrown out of parliament for misleading the house

Public declarations.......
146 - Sunak
57 - Johnson
24 - Mordaunt

Looks like Game Over and a Sunak coronation. :rolleyes:

Not Rishi - a man richer than King Charles who wasted billions of pounds of our money on unchecked COVID loans, and free dinners for yuppies during a health epidemic.

Not sure about Boris getting 100+ votes. That's probably a typical Boris estimate a bit like the £350million a week the NHS were going to be getting after leaving the EU.

The man is economical with the truth it has to be said, but for once he has done what is right for the country and stepped aside, rather than massage his own ego.

If he had got 100 backers he would never drop out under any circumstances.

He didn’t have the numbers.

All bluff and bullshit, as always.

9c84f8b3cff7e33da3b2d486c6c476da.gif

Back
Top Bottom