• Rishi Sunak

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Penny Mordant

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does the Boris support now switch to Penny?

Can`t see beyond the PP going with Rishi and avoiding the membership voting.

Can`t see beyond the PP going with Rishi and avoiding the membership voting.

Yes.

You're all silly little tories and got it wrong. Now they're going to have to do it all over again but this time not let the little tories b****r everything up with their silliness.

Yes.

You're all silly little tories and got it wrong. Now they're going to have to do it all over again but this time not let the little tories b****r everything up with their silliness.
Gone are the days of not being able to have second votes eh. 😕

If he had got 100 backers he would never drop out under any circumstances.

He didn’t have the numbers.
I doubt we'll ever know for sure, but very likely the case. Very convenient claims by the anti-democratic / Rees-Mogg brigade that he had 102 (or whatever bullshit number was quoted).

Could it be that he simply doesn't want to have to preside over unprecedented tax increases and also huge cuts to public spending, at a time when we are already on the verge of striking and rioting all over the country?

Hopefully Penny will drop out. This is too important to leave it to the members.

Could it be that he simply doesn't want to have to preside over unprecedented tax increases and also huge cuts to public spending, at a time when we are already on the verge of striking and rioting all over the country?

I think his ego would make him think he could overcome those problems. If he wasn't interested now, he wouldn't have rushed back from the Caribbean, tried to stand and also met with Sunak to form a partnership where he would be PM. Sunak wasn't, unsurprisingly, interested although it was amicable apparently.

Suggestions that divisions within in the Tory Party will remain a problem, if not sharpen, with core Johnson supporters willing to oppose Sunak/his plans according to what I've read in reports. Although I want a GE, initially I hope for some actual plan from the Govt so hopefully it isn't too disruptive should it happen or we'll be back to yet another leadership challenge.

Last edited:
Rishi on 177 and heading for over 50% of MP`s.
Penny lagging somewhat.

Personal thoughts - Penny would be a clean start whereas Rishi arrives slightly tainted, however Rishi appears to have the PP onboard so might be the steady hand needed for the tiller.

Fancy the "little England, bigoted, racist, white male privilege" Tories delivering a practicing Hindu of Indian heritage to Number 10. ;)

I can see Penny would be a clean start. But the Conservative MPs aren’t behind her which was a problem for Truss….that’s not forgetting she tried to forge a government based on a cabinet of her friends and like minded colleagues.
I think she should now stand aside for the good of the party.
The calls for a GE are never ending, although I recall Sunny Jim soldiered on without any credible majority.

Penny lagging somewhat.

Personal thoughts - Penny would be a clean start whereas Rishi arrives slightly tainted, however Rishi appears to have the PP onboard so might be the steady hand needed for the tiller.

Fancy the "little England, bigoted, racist, white male privilege" Tories delivering a practicing Hindu of Indian heritage to Number 10. ;)
Would this mean you wouldn’t support Boris?

Where can you find out the numbers backing the candidates?

Penny lagging somewhat.

Agreed on the second comment - I would suggest it has to avoid going to the membership though.

Currently Sky have Rishi on 185 and Penny on 26.
I can’t see her getting to 100. Even if she did, going to the wider party membership will only delay the inevitable.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him go over 200. There seems to be a move to thinking that he will be the unity candidate

Would this mean you wouldn’t support Boris?

Where can you find out the numbers backing the candidates?

As Boris is no longer in the game then its a moot point.

Penny provides the clean "not about the person/character" leadership that is needed IMHO.

Numbers are just "publicly declared" on the BBC.

Could be some truth in that. I would imagine he wants to return to being both an active backbencher and diligent constituency MP. After all, he's always been the conscientious public servant.

Could be some truth in that. I would imagine he wants to return to being both an active backbencher and diligent constituency MP. After all, he's always been the conscientious public servant.
I don’t think Boris could find Uxbridge without the use of a Sat Nav

Back
Top Bottom