Brexit Party Rally

Marked Ox

Inevitable somebody was going to make this leap. I wonder if Farage is doing it to troll these people on social media.

I will say the Brexit Party uniform isn't up to much looking at the picture on the left. 😂

I will say it is laughable his trying to link back to the WW2 with the air raid siren etc though.

Reactions: Ian

Pete Burrett

I remember Farage's very own UKIP 'Project Fear' poster of lots of (mostly dark-ish) immigrants flooding into the country to take advantage of the EU's freedom of movement.

Tries to come across as a plain-speaking man of the people but there's a nasty, dark, potentially extremist side to him. A dangerous man whose party will hopefully disappear once Brexit is achieved.

Pete Burrett

Godwins Law invoked, argument lost.
Godwin's Law indeed. Let's not talk about the very real threat of rising populism / right wing extremism across Europe for fear that someone might use the 'N' word and lose the argument.

Funny how people invoke 'lest we forget' to recognise the bravery of our military veterans, but don't seem to apply it to the horrors of fascism just 80 years ago.

Let's keep the spectre of fascism at the forefront of our minds, 'lest we forget'.

Pete Burrett

That being the case, the left will become the right. Or centre as there will be no left to counter balance.
Agreed. In the circle of political opinion extreme left and extreme right eventually meet at the top. (Your Ed Sheehan concert photo did raise a laugh, but somewhat degrades the obviously intended implications of the Brexit Party photo).

Pete Burrett

There’s plenty of fascism on the left and increasingly so.
There's plenty of intolerance on both extreme right and extreme left, for sure. On the left the intolerance tends to be aimed at right wing extremists, whose own intolerance is aimed at those who are 'different' and therefore feared by the hard of thinking. I know which viewpoint I'd rather adopt.

Marked Ox

Brexit Party MEP David Bull isn't very bright based on this with direct trains and he can fly from Stansted to Strasbourg! The comments are amusing with some of them below:

"His objection seems to be that Strasbourg is a long way from the place where he lives. It's quite close to where a lot of other people live, but they're mostly not British so they don't count."

"Your own words condemn you. You take three trains in the UK and just one in France. Most of your journey time and almost all of the inconvenience is in the UK. You also seem to be blissfully unaware that you can change trains in Stratford and don't need to go into London."

"Yes fancy wanting a job as an MEP and finding out that it requires travel to Europe, and there are two sites. Did he not check the brief?"

"It takes just 4h54 London to Strasbourg with one easy same-station change in Lille, thanks to Europe ‘s growing high-speed rail network - bringing people together."

The Green Party MEP, ALexandra Phillips has remarkably managed to go direct:

Thomas/Brock/Jones

Godwin's Law indeed. Let's not talk about the very real threat of rising populism / right wing extremism across Europe for fear that someone might use the 'N' word and lose the argument.

Funny how people invoke 'lest we forget' to recognise the bravery of our military veterans, but don't seem to apply it to the horrors of fascism just 80 years ago.

Let's keep the spectre of fascism at the forefront of our minds, 'lest we forget'.
The left with those lovable rougues antifa at the front seem as facist as the people they attack

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gofish2 In the news 13
Eaststandboy In the news 49
Eaststandboy In the news 14
Gary Baldi In the news 3235
Joey's Left Boot In the news 324